Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London New Years Eve Fireworks

This years event is all ticket - and , of course, they are all sold out !

Anyone know of any good spot to watch if you dont have a ticket, or know anyone who's got some and not going?

Comments

• Shooters Hill, with a good pair in binoculars and a few quid to nip in and out of The Bull.
  • Primrose Hill or TV.
  • How on earth do they ticket the whole of The Embankment and Southbank?
  • surely you can see them from anywhere near the Thames?
  • Kap10 said:

surely you can see them from anywhere near the Thames?

New local london regualtion unless you have paid for a ticket you are not allowed to look up between 11.55 and 00.15.
    Look down then Kap, and watch them in the reflection of old father Thames?
  • A television.
  • A television.

Yep, must admit, this would be my choice - but my daughter is adamant she wants to 'be there' !
  • Blackfriars bridge I think.has a great view not sure if it's ticketed there
  • What is the point of watching fireworks on telly?
  • Sponsored links:

• One option mentioned to me is to go to Observatory in Greenwich Park - then you can see the Blackheath fireworks too, but dont know if the park is going to be open.
  • One option mentioned to me is to go to Observatory in Greenwich Park - then you can see the Blackheath fireworks too, but dont know if the park is going to be open.

Greenwich park closes at 6pm tomorrow.
  • Alexander palace
  • The War Memorial onPoint Hill, Blackheath
  • Might take NLA's advice and get up to , say, London Bridge, and see how far i can get before its blocked.
  • blackfriars is a good spot mate
  • Might take NLA's advice and get up to , say, London Bridge, and see how far i can get before its blocked.

Is London Bridge station shut, because of engineering works ?
  • Ive been getting off at london bridge this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Down here on the Isle of Wight we gather on the front at Ryde and look across the Solent to Pompey at their firework display. Also, the warships in Pompey harbour hoot their sirens and light up the sky with searchlights, which adds to the atmosphere.

• edited December 2014
    close to Lambeth Bridge or down near Tower Bridge
  • Dead tradition?

On the stroke of midnight, people open the back door (to let the old year out) and ask the first dark haired man to be seen to come through the front door carrying salt, coal and bread. This means that the following year everyone in the house will have enough to eat (bread), enough money (salt) and be warm enough (coal).
  • Thanks for all your help guys. My daughter and I eventually ended up at Lambeth Bridge, and saw some fantastic fireworks. Hey, i know i've been away from London for a few years, but do any Londoners still live in London ?? - estimate that about 1 in 10 out there were speaking English tonight.
  • Real Londeners stay in and watch Jools Holland and switch channels 11.59.
  • edited January 2015

Real Londeners stay in and watch Jools Holland and switch channels 11.59.

Recorded it and watched it when we got in - my daughter has got something for Ed Sheeran - great show.
    Did wonder if maybe the 'real' Londoners had done their research and got tickets maybe!
  • edited January 2015
    Real Londoners can speak any language they we choose to.
  • Thanks for all your help guys. My daughter and I eventually ended up at Lambeth Bridge, and saw some fantastic fireworks. Hey, i know i've been away from London for a few years, but do any Londoners still live in London ?? - estimate that about 1 in 10 out there were speaking English tonight.

I can only imagine that a lot of people like to visit the U.K. on holiday and or come for the January sales over the Festiver period.