Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fancy Dress -The Movies theme

Left it far too late. Fancy dress theme for NYE is the movies. Can't spend more than £20 and want to go as something that's easy to source. Something silly or a play on words would be good. Any ideas?

Comments

• Wear all black, blonde wig, put your head in a box, bit of fake blood round your neck - Gwyneth Paltrow in Seven.
  • Buy a cheap cricket bat and an England flag (get both for less than £10 at Sports Direct) as a cape and go as Bat Man.
  • Just put on a suit and sunglasses and go as someone from Men In Black
  • Just wear whatever you have laying around the house, change your hairstyle so it looks like you have tried to be something. When they ask "who are you?" Just ask them "who do you think i am?", then just agree to whatever they say.

Price of costume: £0
    Effort level: 0

Or John McClane from Die Hard, dirty up a white vest, wear no shoes (committed) and sellotape a kids gun to the top of your back.
  • I think something like this might break your £20 limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e341sN1ENaU
  • edited December 2014
    Shaun of the Dead - cricket bat, white short sleeve shirt. Bit of fake blood splatter.

Forrest Gump - unruly beard and running gear.

If you've got a friend to partake with, Home Alone's sticky bandits is easy enough.

Dressing gown - Arthur Dent or Big Lebowski.

• Do what I did get one of thode white paper suits write CSI on the back ,sorted and you can take it off when it gets hot
  • Get a wig, dress in your missus clothes and go as her.

What film is she in?

What film is she in?

So many options for a response to that but better keep my mouth shut seeing as it's your wife.
  • Sponsored links:

What film is she in?

So many options for a response to that but better keep my mouth shut seeing as it's your wife.
    Not my wife! I had the same thought on my own question and decided not to post!!
  • Get a flower pot, glue some red felt around the outside, stick a tassle on the top and go as one of the arabs in Cassablanca.