Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kindle fire HDX

Was thinking of getting a tablet for the missus over Christmas. Emails,online shopping games for the kids etc.
See amazon have got these for £99 again.
Any recommendations good people?

Comments

• Got my wife a kindle fire last Xmas, she loves it
  • Probably would prefer 10inch rather than 7 inch.
  • Probably would prefer 10inch rather than 7 inch.

Wouldn't we all.
  • Check out the reviews. If I recall correctly - apologies if I've got the wrong model - there's a wifi and non-wifi model but in any event there's no HDMI port or perhaps more importantly, microSD slot to upgraded capacity. Oh, and is it true you can't access google play on it and are restricted to acquiring stuff from Amazon?
    In the budget market, as much as I hate to say it, the Tesco Hudl 2 has been getting very good reviews and certainly does have microSD, hdmi and wifi connectivity.
  • cafcfan said:

Check out the reviews. If I recall correctly - apologies if I've got the wrong model - there's a wifi and non-wifi model but in any event there's no HDMI port or perhaps more importantly, microSD slot to upgraded capacity. Oh, and is it true you can't access google play on it and are restricted to acquiring stuff from Amazon?
    In the budget market, as much as I hate to say it, the Tesco Hudl 2 has been getting very good reviews and certainly does have microSD, hdmi and wifi connectivity.

Cheers. But if peanuts picks come in I might treat her to an ipad ;)

• edited December 2014
    cafcfan said:

Check out the reviews. If I recall correctly - apologies if I've got the wrong model - there's a wifi and non-wifi model but in any event there's no HDMI port or perhaps more importantly, microSD slot to upgraded capacity. Oh, and is it true you can't access google play on it and are restricted to acquiring stuff from Amazon?

Does have hdmi does not allow movie downloads etc go with a Google play store variant.

I regret getting mine.

Amazon app store is woeful!