Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Christmas Drinking thread

Now we've had a breakfast to line the stomach....

what's you tipple of choice, at what points of the day ?

Done this before on here and never fail to be surprised how some people manage to absolutely cane it !!

Comments

• Wake up to champers, then get on the Ale. Got some Doombar and Adnams (broadside and ghostship) in...long day of drinking. A glass or two of malbec with lunch and some whiskey before bed. Brilliant
  • Got myself some Jennings Sneck Lifter for the day a quality pint!!
  • Red wine and Kummel
  • Baileys after breakfast, usually in the pub by 1 stay in there till 3ish then a beer or two back home (sister in laws this year) before dinner which is normally washed down with a glass or 2 of wine, usually we have a few shots for afters....that's about it for the day. Will have to take it easy this Christmas as I'll be driving home on boxing day....though not till 1-2pm.
  • My family and I play this drinking game on Christmas Day.

By 11am my 7 year old is so smashed she has to go back to bed!!

imageimage

That is quality!
  • Wake up to champers, then get on the Ale. Got some Doombar and Adnams (broadside and ghostship) in...long day of drinking. A glass or two of malbec with lunch and some whiskey before bed. Brilliant

Quality stuff that Ghost Ship.
  • Baileys in the morning while dinner being prepared, rose wine with dinner, red wine afternoon and evening, maybe a liqueur at the end.
  • couple of glasses of bucks fizz in morning for when parents pop by, couple of glasses of prosecco or sparkling rose with lunch, couple of Buds in evening when playing the Wii, then either an ameretto or a home-made Baileys (wife makes a load of bottles for Xmas, can't tell difference) to end the night,
  • edited December 2014
    A small bucks fizz with breakfast. Red wine with lunch (a bottle of Brunello this year)

Maybe some port after with cheese

A few bottle of Roscoe's India Pale Ale or Bishops finger with the nuts/chocs etc

A glass (ahem) of merlot in the evening and maybe a Jack Daniels and coke to finish off
  • Sponsored links:

• Champers for breakfast, hendricks and tonic mid morning, champers and red wine for lunch followed by port, then fall asleep.
  • Champagne when guests arrive, then a couple of hoegaardens before dinner. White or rose wine with dinner, followed by a couple of kir royales. Once dinner goes down, a couple more hoegaardens then onto gin and tonics.
  • A couple of BF Specials - Prosecco and Lemoncello - for brekkie.

Like Henry, have a bottle of Brunello and a bottle Barolo to have with Lunch at the in-laws.

Then have a bottle of 12 year old Appleton Rum, sitting there waiting for me, when we get home.

Got a nice bottle of LBV Port for the evening with the Stilton and Cheddar.

Feel sorry for whoever has to sit next to me at the Cardiff game.
  • edited December 2014
    Bucks fizz for breakfast

The Mrs picked out a nice bottle of red for lunch

Cider with dinner

Bottle of port we picked up at ASDA to go with the ridiculous amount of cheese my mum has bought.

Honey JD for the evening.

My sister also has various bottles of spirits for throughout xmas and boxing day, there's some vodka, sourz and Jager.

Worrying times.
  • A small bucks fizz with breakfast. Red wine with lunch (a bottle of Brunello this year)

A few bottle of Hobson's India Pale Ale or Bishops finger with the nuts/chocs etc

A glass (ahem) of merlot in the evening and maybe a Jack Daniels and coke to finish off

Your palate is improving

• Brunello said:

A small bucks fizz with breakfast. Red wine with lunch (a bottle of Brunello this year)

A few bottle of Hobson's India Pale Ale or Bishops finger with the nuts/chocs etc

Your palate is improving

Unlike my bank balance but it is only once a year
  • Green light after 11, anything goes. Port mainly.
  • Champagne with breakfast. Once that's all cleared away the kitchen is mine to prepare and cook lunch - so the first bottle of red (malbec) is opened around 11.00am. I continue with red through to lunch being served around 3.00pm which is washed down with a crisp NZ sauvignon. A drop or two of port with the cheese and then single malt whisky for the rest of the day until I pass out!
  • Bucks fizz for breakfast

Cider with dinner

Bottle of port we picked up at ASDA to go with the ridiculous amount of cheese my mum has bought.

My sister also has various bottles of spirits for throughout xmas and boxing day, there's some vodka, sourz and Jager.

Worrying times.

Mate, you're going to need a couple of lines to sort your head out after that lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bucks fizz for breakfast

Cider with dinner

Worrying times.

Mate, you're going to need a couple of lines to sort your head out after that lot.
    Well, if you insist. :wink:
  • Got the rest of a bottle of Jameson Select Reserve that I opened at midnight on Saturday as I turned 50, will have a go at finishing it, that was my first drink for 2 years.
  • edited December 2014
    I think that the message "I do not drink to excess anymore" has not registered. I have six bottles of wine and two bottles Prosecco chilling in my fridge which I have received as presents this year already. They will be recycled as presents on Christmas day now. As a concession, 1 glass of Bucks Fizz in the morning and a glass of fizzy whatever during Christmas din dins, that's the limit for me.

• big whisky before dinner ,champers with dinner..more champers ,sleep, wake up red wine
  • Spicy bloody Mary to kick off, Sols all day, red at dinner, port if I can squeeze any cheese down, then rum and cokes and baileys coffees to power through Trivs.
  • Lemsip for morning, water with my meal and perhaps some water honey & lemon throughout the evening!!! Shaking in anticipation...
  • Bucks Fizz/Prosecco with breakfast, lager from about 11am consistently during the day (with wine in between with the meal)

sorted...
  • edited December 2014
    Due to a back injury i am taking Co-Codamol as pain relief so i shall be on the Water.
  • I took a booze cruise to Cite Europe yesterday in search of some quality French and Belgian beers. I've got the following lined up: St Sylvestre 3 Monts 8.5%, Pauwel Kwak 8.4%, Ch'ti Triple 8.3%, Maredsous Abbaye-Abdij 10%, La Trappe Quadrupel 10%, and three types of Chimay. If those aren't doing the trick and I need to step things up a little I've got Bush Amber at 12%. If it's all too much and I need to slow down a little I've got Pelforth Brune at 6.5%. Best of all though, and something I've been saving for a while now, is a couple of bottles of Fullers Vintage 2006, 8.5%. Yesterday I had LaChoette Ambree, 9%. It is the best beer I've tasted this year, If anyone is going to France I'd thoroughly recommend bringing yourself a few bottles back.
  • Personally I dont "do" Christmas, no point as I'm on my own so it will just be the normal day for me, a large JD for brekkie (about 11 o'clock) then down the pub for several pints of lager and more JD. back home to an ASDA turkey dinner for one and a couple of bottles of red then back down the pub for the evening. Boxing day - repeat above.