Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

copenhagen

anyone ever been?

any tips? i'm going on sunday 10th over night but there for almost 2 full days, work trip but looking for extra bits to do, ie, pubs to drink in.

we've got passes to tivoli gardens too, any advice?

Comments

• All I know is that the Beer is well dear..!
  • YOu should enjoy yourself - went there for our pre-season friendly. Plenty of Kareoke bars and late nighters. I even ended up in Christiandos? (the hippy commune) and got back to my hotel at 6am.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]All I know is that the Beer is well dear..!

work trip so hoping not to pay for anything!
  • Suzi , we went to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. It is a lovely city. Tivoli Gardens is brilliant, especially if you go in the evening for the Hans Christian Anderson character parade and spectacular lights display. The fairground rides are pretty cool as well. Don't bother with the Little Mermaid statue - it is incredibly small and tatty. One thing to watch out for are the bike riders, they are absolutely everywhere. The roads in Copenhagen have pavements for pedestrians, roads for cars and a raised lane in-between for bikes. This can get pretty hazardous if you are in a taxi and you just fling open the near side passenger door when you get out as you will almost certainly take out a whole family of bikes and leave them all in a great pile of moaning bodies!!

Beer and food is very expensive, a la the whole of Scandinavia, so you may not be able to afford to get too pissed. A pint of beer was about £6!!
  • The birds are well fit!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Suzi , we went to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. It is a lovely city. Tivoli Gardens is brilliant, especially if you go in the evening for the Hans Christian Anderson character parade and spectacular lights display. The fairground rides are pretty cool as well. Don't bother with the Little Mermaid statue - it is incredibly small and tatty. One thing to watch out for are the bike riders, they are absolutely everywhere. The roads in Copenhagen have pavements for pedestrians, roads for cars and a raised lane in-between for bikes. This can get pretty hazardous if you are in a taxi and you just fling open the near side passenger door when you get out as you will almost certainly take out a whole family of bikes and leave them all in a great pile of moaning bodies!!

Beer and food is very expensive, a la the whole of Scandinavia, so you may not be able to afford to get too pissed. A pint of beer was about £6!!

oh fab, sounds fantastic. our hotel is 700 metres from tivoli gardens so hopefully won't get out of any taxis under the influence!

i'm hoping seeing tivoli gardens all christmassy will get me in the spirit!

want to also see the hip hop version of nutcracker which is on out there when i'm there. can't wait. hope we don't actually get any time to do any work. i might run away from the boys i'm going with! there are only 3 of us going
  • Surely, Hugo Z Hackenbush is your man for Scandinavia info,

I'm surprised he's not a Lifer actually has anyone heard from about him?
  • "the beer is well dear"

"the birds are well fit"

*shakes his head at the standards of written English*
  • ooooh yeah, good call. last time i saw him was outside the oak, but a long time ago now perhaps end of last season. he lives over there. hmm....might have to drop him an email. i'll speak to latimer and get an email for him, the one i have doesn't work anymore.
  • Whatever you do wrap up warm. Copenhagen is one of the coldest places I've ever been to.

Avoid the Mermaid, it's pants. Tivoli gardens are OK and I was most impressed with the Resistence Museum.
    It's not that expensive compared with other Capital Cities I've visited.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]"the beer is well dear"

"the birds are well fit"

*shakes his head at the standards of written English*

you mean to say

*shakes his head at the well bad standards of written english*
  • edited November 2006
    "you mean to say

*shakes his head at the well bad standards of written english* "

Im well LMFAO!!
  • went on a stag do a couple of years ago,our hotel overlooked the gardens and a few admitted to going in there and enjoying it.the only bar i can remember was the hard rock-not that we went in there (well just the once)but there were plenty of bars and clubs around this area,all very hazy though.
  • Really Nice Place, You'll Have A Great Time, You Can Even Go To Malmo(Sweden) Takes About 20 Minutes, Plenty Of Crossings, Leave From The Harbour, They Also Have Lots Of Good Bars,Good Nightlife Good Food And Good Shops, Will Also BE A Bit Expensive.
  • never been by i hear its wonderful
  • My tip for something a bit different would be to take a trip to the Carlsberg Brewery - it's not far from the City Centre.

It's actually reasonably interesting, but the best bit is the vouchers you get for free beer in the bar at the end of the tour. It is - or at least was - free to get in and if you work it out right you can keep dodging back for some more free beer vouchers - we did - so all in all a nice little drink for free!!!

Oh yeah, and just along from the Tivoli gardens was a bar called "The London Pub". It's basically a pub to start off with but at various points of the day they have bands/singers and then it turned into a bit of a club. We got in there about midday to watch Gillete Soccer Saturday and ended up leaving at about 3am. 15 hours sitting in the same seat getting battered is my all time record!!!
  • We watched the Wales v England WC qualifying game in "The London Pub". Great fun experience and really friendly bar staff. No wait to get served at all.