Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The return of the Prediction Knock Out Cup

The Prediction Knock Out Cup returns for the first week's predictions of 2015. The Knock Out Cup will include the top 128 competitors in the League as of 31/12/14. In the event of a tie for qualifying as one of the top 128, the highest score for the most recent week will be taken then the next most recent week etc.

Last year, there were two competitions - one for the top 64 and another for the next 32. This year, everyone will be in one big cup competition. However, losers in the first round and second round will be entered into a Europa League type competition (I think we'll call it Your Ropey League) so that they get a second chance to win some imaginary silverware.

To take part, you have to do nothing different at all. Your usual Prediction League scores will count as usual - you will just be paired with an opponent who you need to outscore. In the event of a draw, there will be a replay the following week. In the event of two draws, away goals will count double (this is different to last year). In the event of both the first game and the replay being the same score, the higher placed competitor will proceed to the next round.

The draw will take place online for all to see in early January - details to follow.

Comments

• Options
    Excellent news.

Last year I drew the glamour tie of young Paulie in the first round of the JPT and crushed his hopes and dreams.

Then I beat him in the competition too.
  • Options
    Rather like the mighty Charlton last year, I struggled to find the net. As did my opponent and I was unlucky to go out on countback after two 0-0s.

This year I hope to emulate our free scoring team under BP.
  • Options
    So does this mean I'm gonna have to hand last years trophy back then :(

Enjoyed this last year . Good to see it back
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Excellent news.

Last year I drew the glamour tie of young Paulie in the first round of the JPT and crushed his hopes and dreams.

You know what they say, revenge is a dish best served a year later.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Excellent news.

the odds of us getting each other again...

See you in the final ?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

So does this mean I'm gonna have to hand last years trophy back then :(

Enjoyed this last year . Good to see it back

I'm afraid so. A replica imaginary trophy is on its way to you.
  • Options
    I think I did quite well until I lost
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Excellent news.

the odds of us getting each other again...

See you in the final ?
    Na me and you are the new Charlton and Huddersfield
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Excellent news.

I so hope I get drawn against Idle Junior. The hopes and dreams thing is already taken care of.