Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Fish (ed. Had a heart attack)

Comments

• WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever 'eard!
  • No disrespect to the guy who was great servant to CAFC, but he was proper finished when he left us, cannot imagine how poor the standard must be if he is playing again.
  • edited February 2007
    He's probably run out of cash, after spending it all on booze, statues and coffee tables....
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever 'eard!
    Yeah right!
    Let's hear it for the Dooodana Dooodana :-)
  • edited February 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]WTF is bafana fabana???? stoopidist words i as ever heard!

nick name for the south africa national side
  • According to BBC Sport...

Former Charlton and South Africa defender Mark Fish is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to reports in the South African media.

Fish is quoted as saying: "I'm glad it's over and that the tests have been done. I want to start taking better care of myself."

Fish played for Charlton between 2000 and 2005, having previously spent four years at Bolton.
  • Jesus. Hopefully he can make a full recovery!
  • :S get will soon FEEEEEEEESH
  • Oh dear. Get well soon, Mark.
  • Blimey, know he has burnt the candle but you don't expect that at his age. Hope he sorts himself out
  • Sponsored links:

• Lets hope for a swift recovery
  • Good luck Feeeesh...
  • "I want to start taking better care of myself"

What has he been doing?
  • Sort it out fish.

You would think with those footballing years behind him of fitness...these kind of things would be a rarity.

• PL54 said:

"I want to start taking better care of myself"

What has he been doing?

Smoking, drinking & drugs ?
  • PL54 said:

"I want to start taking better care of myself"

What has he been doing?

Smoking, drinking & drugs ?
    But not for long - he was an international athlete for half his life so far
  • He was always a big lad, and high blood pressure can be hereditary...good luck Feeesh.
  • He smoked while he was playing. Given that he once missed a game for us after getting pissed and falling through a glass coffee table, I suspect he was a bit rock n roll during his playing days!

Regardless, get well soon.
  • Bit of a wake up call. methinks....

Take care of yourself, Mark.
  • By all accounts, he could drink like a .............
  • Sponsored links:

• Top man top player

One of my all time favourite characters at cafc

Get well soon god bless
  • Didn't he turn the basement of his house into a nightclub?

• He smoked while he was playing. Given that he once missed a game for us after getting pissed and falling through a glass coffee table, I suspect he was a bit rock n roll during his playing days!

I'm sure i remember that happened while he was playing with his son not when he was pissed.

Anyway , get well soon Mark.
  • edited November 2014

He smoked while he was playing. Given that he once missed a game for us after getting pissed and falling through a glass coffee table, I suspect he was a bit rock n roll during his playing days!

I'm sure i remember that happened while he was playing with his son not when he was pissed.

Anyway , get well soon Mark.
    He said it was at his son's ? birthday party. But .....

Wasn't his Chislehurst home burgled a few years back & him and his wife tied up or something ?

I had a feeling there was some drug activity found by the police, at the time.

I saw him smoking in Chislehurst pubs and of course drinking :-)
  • Wish him well.
  • Best of luck Mark
  • Best wishes on the road to recovery Mark.
  • Great memories of a great player for us. Get well soon Mark and take it easy.
  • Did he fall through a coffee table? Not sure how a toughed glass table could cause a puncture wound.