Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whats up Callum

Over the last couple of years we have seen some some horrific moments from this lad.
The one at Bramall Lane, well enough said.
Against that he has produced some great strikes with great technique.
What is it just inconsistency ; not fitting into a plan or both.
We definitely need someone who can add a few goals from midfield. Wishing and hoping I suppose.

Comments

• Not as good as your unacceptable but amusing thread;-)

Seriously though, I don't think BP fancies him at all. I thought he had a great end to last season, and could use that as a platform.
  • cabbles said:

Not as good as your unacceptable but amusing thread;-)

Seriously though, I don't think BP fancies him at all. I thought he had a great end to last season, and could use that as a platform.

Agree, I don't think BP rates him.

Odd given his run at the end of last season and our relatively poor goal scoring record - you'd think he'd be worth a chance, particuarly when it would free Cousins up as another option in the middle.
  • cabbles said:

Not as good as your unacceptable but amusing thread;-)

I did have a thread in mind; however, I am scared to death even thinking about posting it!
  • I don't think BP rates him either. If he wants first-team football he won't get it at Charlton.
  • I don't think BP rates him either. If he wants first-team football he won't get it at Charlton.

If our injury and suspension problems continue then he may get a chance - he needs to make sure he takes it.

I'd like to give him another opportunity before writing him off, I think at the very least his last few appearances at the end of last season warrant it.
  • That run at end of season or do you mean those two games?

Bob don't rate him and there is good reason for that.

Bit like people banging on about Reza at leeds or Church in cup at Wednesday. 90 pet cent of time performances sub standard.
  • Harriott for me blows warm and very cold. I'm not convinced he's gonna make it. The end to last season wasn't a purple patch but a purple two games. Obvious BP don't fancy him and he sees him in training every day.
  • On his day I'd say he was as dangerous as anyone in the squad.. This is all entirely assumptions but it seems to me he is hard to management. Cp did it for a short period of time but he appeared to lose the hunger.. Our lack of anything out wide last year meant he should have been a regular but played inconsistently and performances weren't up to scratch.. riga appeared to be able to manage him and others like sordell very well.. but we never got the chance to see if that would continue..
  • MrOneLung said:

That run at end of season or do you mean those two games?

Bob don't rate him and there is good reason for that.

Bit like people banging on about Reza at leeds or Church in cup at Wednesday. 90 pet cent of time performances sub standard.

Add Sordell at Wednesday to that
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if he'll be tempted to move to blackpool by regular football and a manager he has played well under, in January
  • I think Harriot would be a terrific player if played consistently. If you think about some of the few highlights from last season, they mostly all centre around Callum. Our bright end to the season coincided with him being lethal. Our excellent FA cup performance away to the massives was largely due to Callum. He's a talented boy.

It's just a shame that he is a hard-core gangster.
  • A typical winger who has terrific athletic ability but everything else goes out the window when he loses confidence. Reminds me a lot of Raheem Sterling in his style. I would play him up front personally. He wouldn't lose the ball as much as he can run onto balls and stretch play rather than receive it at his feet where he is susceptible to errors.
  • I actually saw Harriott near Shooters Hill earlier today. I asked him what he thought his chances were getting a game soon, but he just completely blanked me and carried on walking into the cold night air
  • edited October 2014
    Games like Sheffield Wednesday in the cup show he's got something to offer. It's a shame he didn't bury that chance at Brentford on the opening day of the season. When he's confident he's a decent player.
  • I think Harriot would be a terrific player if played consistently.

That's the key for most players though. Those who manage to perform consistantly, find themselves in the top division.

There's no doubting his ability, but I'm not convinced he has a football brain, as his reading of the play, along with his decision making is what lets him down.

Whether this is something he can work on remains to be seen. Some players have it naturally, some develop it over time and experience and others just go through their entire careers making do. These are the ones that fall away to the lower leagues.

There are plenty of players in non league that possess loads of ability and can turn on the style now & then, but there's a reason they're where they are.....................
  • cafctom said:

A typical winger who has terrific athletic ability but everything else goes out the window when he loses confidence. Reminds me a lot of Raheem Sterling in his style. I would play him up front personally. He wouldn't lose the ball as much as he can run onto balls and stretch play rather than receive it at his feet where he is susceptible to errors.

Personally he reminds me of Messi with a touch of Ronaldo and maybe a sprinkle of Di Maria.
    What way does he remind you of Sterling?
  • Blimey that's some player we've got there just waiting to be discovered.
  • Wbu bb? xx

Eh?
  • I really thought the OP meant Callum on here, that he hadn't lol'd anyone for a while or something!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

A typical winger who has terrific athletic ability but everything else goes out the window when he loses confidence. Reminds me a lot of Raheem Sterling in his style. I would play him up front personally. He wouldn't lose the ball as much as he can run onto balls and stretch play rather than receive it at his feet where he is susceptible to errors.

Personally he reminds me of Messi with a touch of Ronaldo and maybe a sprinkle of Di Maria.
    What way does he remind you of Sterling?
    He's black and can play left-mid. About where the similarities end.

• Wbu bb? xx

Eh?
    Nvm xx inbox me