Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Halford has signed

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
ON Sky now, loan deal.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]ON Sky now, loan deal.

And people said we wouldn't have time to replace Reid (ducks for cover)
  • i am well under the table H honest
  • http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=6941

Halford's stats are: 9 games, 5 yellows and two reds...
  • Not good enough for Reading or Sunderland, but ok for us....
  • Henry you still haven't gone! Waiting for the plethora of new signings to be announced? ;0)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][url]http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=6941[/url]

Halford's stats are: 9 games, 5 yellows and two reds...[/quote]

The new Danny Mills
  • When Halford signed for Reading i was really disappointed and think he's the sort of player Pards can turn around. As long as nobody talks about his 'issues' i'm sure the site won't get shut down, as happened with the main Sunderland forum.
  • Issues???? What issues????
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Henry you still haven't gone! Waiting for the plethora of new signings to be announced? ;0)

Been and come back. As said somewhere else today is another deadline for some people.

Personally I think Pardew has gone a bit over the top what with 8 new players coming in today.

OK the two Brazilains won't come into the team straight away and the new keeper will be on the bench I guess but all the other will be looking to start so I can seem some selection problems.

Still, exciting times.
  • [cite]Posted By: John Pearson[/cite]Not good enough for Reading or Sunderland, but ok for us....

It seems they're both in the Premiership AND WE'RE NOT.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][url][/url]http://www.safc.com/team/?page_id=6941

Halford's stats are: 9 games, 5 yellows and two reds...

The new Danny Mills

So that's Halford and Sodje who are both on two reds for the season and facing an automatic five match ban if they pick up a third.

I can see why Keane is pleased to get him off Sunderland's books.
  • CAFC NEWS FLASH (Email)

Halford definitely in, Reid possibly out

While most speculation regarding Charlton and Sunderland on transfer deadline day centred on a possible move by Andy Reid to Wearside, versatile right-back Greg Halford moved in the opposite direction this afternoon.

The 23-year-old, famed for a mammoth long throw-in, completed a third switch in 12 months to sign on loan at The Valley for the rest of the season.

"He's coming here on loan and I think he's got a lot to prove," said manager Alan Pardew. "It didn't work out for him at Reading, it didn't work out for him at Sunderland, so I think he needs to be a success here, but I think he will be a massive asset for us."

Reid is in talks with Sunderland, with the two clubs having agreed a fee, and was due to undergo a medical this morning.

The latest news will appear at http://www.cafc.co.uk, although subscribers should be aware that there has been huge demand on the website today.

The Bulletin will be operating throughout the day - and both the email missives and website will be updated until midnight tonight as ad when anything happens.
  • [cite]Posted By: John Pearson[/cite]Not good enough for Reading or Sunderland, but ok for us....

that happens in football players dont settle in or just get over looked a move away under a new manager and a coach who knows him could change it all for him.

look at people like davies at bolton
  • i must admit i don't understand this transfer.

We don't bloody need right backs
  • Parkinson obviously knows a lot about him from his Colchester days, and two Money League clubs saw enough to spend a combined £5m on him - I'll take a wait and see approach despite his abysmal season with the Mackems. Off the field rumours/allegations can't have helped him at all..

He can play all over the park, and is decent cover/competition for MooToo (who else is there to play RB?). Give him a chance.
  • what are these rumours?
  • Dont know alot about him.

Is he a jack of all trades, master of none ?
  • what are these rumours?

As another forum got CLOSED DOWN over discussing this very topic, I think it might be best to keep quiet.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite][quote]what are these rumours?[/quote]

As another forum got CLOSED DOWN over discussing this very topic, I think it might be best to keep quiet.[/quote]

Oh i so wanna know now!!!!!!
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    what are these rumours?

As another forum got CLOSED DOWN over discussing this very topic, I think it might be best to keep quiet.

Yep. I whispered them to one or two people a few wekks back, and won't be divulging any more about them.

Just know that they were rampant in that part of the world and they definitely would have had some affect on him and his relationship with Keane. Even if they weren't true - shit sticks. A move might do him good.
  • Sponsored links:

• i can't believe he done that to Keane's labrador!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    what are these rumours?

fair enough.
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i can't believe he done that to Keane's labrador!
    didn't even wipe his lips after
  • i love the official site:

"Halford Motors into Valley"
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i can't believe he done that to Keane's labrador!

you can be quite witty for a yuppy can't you wss ;-)
  • nothing to with Felching is it ?
  • There is a good debate going on the BBC site which should not be repeated on here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A31794942
  • cheers wss
  • "cos halford has been Keane's worst signing"

great!
  • I hope Pardew knows what he's doing, Halford sounds like a wrong'un - how many defenders do we need and if we push him wide what happens to JT, Sam, Ambrose etc - Halford is a pointless signing IMO.