Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bikey Up Front

Pretty sure this has been discussed but can we not bring Morro back into the fold and put the tank up front?
It's obviously a back up plan to get goals as BBB has done this a few times now in the dying minutes.
Holds the ball up, knows where the net is and swats defenders off like flys.
Love it

Comments

• It'd be entertaining for sure.
  • I'd love to have known what would have been said had Boro scored at the end while our main centre half was out up,front !
  • Did we not already do this at Huddersfield?

My point exactly.
    Get Morro back in defender and the big man up front.
    Anyone have BBB's email address!!??

My point exactly.
    bob.peeters@cafc.co.uk
  • Its a shame we havent got two Bikeys. As much as he would do a job up top, he has a good understand with Ben Haim and has been a rock. Can Morro be that good? Doubt it
  • Its a shame we havent got two Bikeys. As much as he would do a job up top, he has a good understand with Ben Haim and has been a rock. Can Morro be that good? Doubt it

Would Jamie Tandem do the job, Jacko ?

• Arthur Horsfield did it for us. So did Ronnie Moore. Though they started up front and went backwards.

My point exactly.
    bob.peeters@cafc.co.uk
    Consider it sent!
  • Arthur Horsfield did it for us. So did Ronnie Moore. Though they started up front and went backwards.

not for us I no but on that so did Dion Dublin
  • Sponsored links:

So did Dave Watson, the most capped player for England never to play in a World Cup Finals match.

So did Dave Watson, the most capped player for England never to play in a World Cup Finals match.

A great quiz Question.

• So it would be long ball up to Bikey? Eh, no thanks.
  • edited September 2014
    Who was the fella at SHEFF Weds who scored loads up front after moving from centre back?, can't remember his name, something War.......
  • Warhurst.

Or was it Llera?
  • Addickted said:

Warhurst.

Or was it Llera?

Yep it was Warhurst went on to Blackburn
  • How quickly we forget the great Gary Doherty ;)
  • Leuth said:

How quickly we forget the great Gary Doherty ;)

How could we indeed? His pace was an asset be it at the back or up top.

Now surely Steve Brown or Steve Gritt must qualify?
  • Leuth said:

How quickly we forget the great Gary Doherty ;)

I really have been trying hard to forget that whole period, and then you have to go and remind me..... Hence why it's 5.14 and I am still awake.
  • Think Dion Dublin was another one, who also ended up back there later in his career.

• Sponsored links:

• Playing players out of position?
  • PL54 said:

Playing players out of position?

Exactly my thought. I can understand doing this in the dying minutes of a match, or in an extreme emergency, but I'd leave it there.............
  • Mr. Happy said:

Think Dion Dublin was another one, who also ended up back there later in his career.

Cheers Colin

Arthur Horsfield did it for us. So did Ronnie Moore. Though they started up front and went backwards.

• PL54 said:

Playing players out of position?

Exactly my thought. I can understand doing this in the dying minutes of a match, or in an extreme emergency, but I'd leave it there.............
    I agree, mostly because Bikey is far too good a defender to waste up front - Morrison is good but doesn't have the sheer power and speed of Andre the Giant, and the Ben Haim/Bikey partnership is settled and playing well. There is also the fact that having a big lump up front would make it nearly inevitable that we'd end up hoofing it long, and as big and strong as Bikey is he's more practiced heading balls OUT of the box, not into it!

• It'd be like putting someone in goal, because they take a good throw-in
  • Mr. Happy said:

Think Dion Dublin was another one, who also ended up back there later in his career.

Cheers Colin

Arthur Horsfield did it for us. So did Ronnie Moore. Though they started up front and went backwards.

Cheers Colin