Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Torres is back

He came on for 15 minutes on Saturday, but he started yesterday
AC Milan went 2-0 down

Then this happened

later on this happened

the game finished 2-2 and afterwards Torres said:
"It's easier when you have great players around you, like I do at Milan"

Comments

• Nothing particularly special, doing what he's paid handsomely to do.
  • Talal said:

Nothing particularly special, doing what he's paid handsomely to do.

If that bit of skill was done by Messi or Ronaldo people would virtually be having orgasms over it
  • edited September 2014
    Just for the odd person who cares Paulie, how many threads have you started in total and in the last 3 months.
  • edited September 2014
    Paulie the thread starter strikes again
  • Talal said:

If that bit of skill was done by Messi or Ronaldo people would virtually be having orgasms over it
    Well you might but I know I wouldn't. I need something a bit more niche to get me off, like a Church shot with power.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

Well you might but I know I wouldn't. I need something a bit more niche to get me off, like a Church shot with power.
    Been a long time for you then :-)
  • Is that about one a day ?
  • edited September 2014
    Damn. Chelsea were mad to let him go. Knew he'd come good again. Only three years after they bought him too (c. 50 million quid, @180k a week)

If only they'd held on to him a little longer, he would have been able to prove all his doubters wrong by scoring a header and dribbling round the same player twice in an important fixture in late September, with just eight months of the league season remaining.

Football clubs are so fickle these days...
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Been a long time for you then :-)
    I live in hope mate, live in hope.

• Gervinho is a star in Serie A. That's how crap the league is.

Is it a crap league or is it the player has more confidence now, also scored goals in the Champions League, at Arsenal he was never given a big opportunity and obviously we all know what the press are like over here, or maybe he has just improved with age
  • Well you might but I know I wouldn't. I need something a bit more niche to get me off, like a Church shot with power.

More chance of seeing a leprechaun milking a unicorn
  • Taxi_Lad said:

More chance of seeing a leprechaun milking a unicorn

Phwoooaoaaaarrr
  • Still think that Chelsea is a grave-yard for the quick type Striker that likes to hang off the shoulder of a Defender, e.g. Crespo.. Mutu.. Shevchenko.. Torres.. Eto'o.. Ba.. Sturridge

Then when you compare them with Diego Costa and Didier Drogba (the Striker who is a target man / gets stuck in) the latter two combined have probably more goals for Chelsea than all the above

To be fair, Gervinho has been played in the position he is best at and consistently plays, it was always going to end well.

Serie A is not what it used to be, but certainly not crap and has some great youth coming through. Saying that I watch Udinese v Napoli at the weekend and that was terrible, mainly down to Benitez awful awful tactics and squad selection.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Gervinho is a star in Serie A. That's how crap the league is.

To be fair, Gervinho has been played in the position he is best at and consistently plays, it was always going to end well.

Serie A is not what it used to be, but certainly not crap and has some great youth coming through. Saying that I watch Udinese v Napoli at the weekend and that was terrible, mainly down to Benitez awful awful tactics and squad selection.
    It's a lot more entertaining than a lot of the leagues at the moment.
  • I prefer it over La Liga personally, always have done.

Not really interested in the monster which is the Premiership, but watch it through ease.

Bundesliga is a supporters league, great to see how they treat the fans and the quality is getting better and better.
  • I think we need a Serie A thread
  • Sponsored links:

• He's the trouble starter, punkin' instigator.
    He's the fear addicted, danger illustrated.
    He's a threadstarter, twisted threadstarter.
    You're a Threadstarter, Paulie the twisted threadstarter.
    He's a Threadstarter, twisted Threadstarter.
    He's the bitch you hated, filth infatuated.
    Yeah! He's the pain you tasted, feel intoxicated.
  • Still think that Chelsea is a grave-yard for the quick type Striker that likes to hang off the shoulder of a Defender, e.g. Crespo.. Mutu.. Shevchenko.. Torres.. Eto'o.. Ba.. Sturridge

Then when you compare them with Diego Costa and Didier Drogba (the Striker who is a target man / gets stuck in) the latter two combined have probably more goals for Chelsea than all the above

Yes, great point, you have to be able to play as a lone striker at Chelsea and not everyone can do it.
  • Let's see if Torres can keep it up for a whole season and score 30 goals. He certainly has the ability but I personally doubt he'll manage that.

Much as people (rightly) deride Dalglish for bringing in Andy Carroll at £35m, you have to remember that he also managed to get £50m for a Torres who had clearly gone off the boil and has subsequently been a complete turkey for Chelsea.
  • edited September 2014
    As much as I like abusing Chelsea, Torres was on the decline as a player when he joined them.
  • PL54 said:

Just for the odd person who cares Paulie, how many threads have you started in total and in the last 3 months.

206 started since March 2013 that's roughly 12 threads a month!
  • Paulie 4 admin!
  • Talal said:

You mean like you're doing over Torres here?

:-)