Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More fussy stewarding

edited September 2014 in Match Day Travel
Did anyone who went yesterday find the stewarding outside the ground a little too fussy. I have a small little pencil case in my bag with a few small nicnacs if I need them like a charger and wanted to check it and most places they don't check it. I know it's called New York but it's called the New York stadium in Rotherham, not JFK airport in New York.

Comments

• First Millwall and now Rotherham, I really feel for you mate.
  • Did they confiscate your train spotting book & thermos flask too?
  • Saw Headphones Norm getting searched on the way in. It looked like the steward was going to give him a full internal. Was a bit over the top.
  • Depends on your definition of nicnacs.
  • Only had two turnstiles open and at twenty to three the queuse were getting excessively long whilst they were frisking everyone waiting to get in. Their reason for this was because "Your Club didn't warn us how many of you were coming"! I think the away numbers were 1,106 - hardly unanticipated hoardes.

After a bit of complaining they decided to open the third turnstile at ten to three and all the stewards doing the searching and frisking ran off to that one, leaving the rest of us to get in unmolested.
  • Did anyone who went yesterday find the stewarding outside the ground a little too fussy. I have a small little pencil case in my bag with a few small nicnacs if I need them like a charger and wanted to check it and most places they don't check it. I know it's called New York but it's called the New York stadium in Rotherham, not JFK airport in New York.

Was anything confiscated?
  • The phrase 'A few small nicnacs' had me howling Hahahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Did anyone who went yesterday find the stewarding outside the ground a little too fussy. I have a small little pencil case in my bag with a few small nicnacs if I need them like a charger and wanted to check it and most places they don't check it. I know it's called New York but it's called the New York stadium in Rotherham, not JFK airport in New York.

Luckily not
  • shirty5 said:

Luckily not
    No harm done then.
  • shirty5 said:

Only his zig zag scissors and compass.
  • so we take flasks and shawls to a game they ponys and gold fish end of
  • edited September 2014
    Did Seb get in ? I saw him in town (Rotherham) at around 11am & he had at least 3 bags :-)

As for taking a pencil case to a football game ...........
  • Can we see this pencil case please? I'm intrigued.
  • This must be a wind up.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think those of us who know who @AddickFC81‌ is realise just how laughable it is that stewards waste time searching him.

Was it a new ground for you @AddickFC81‌ ?
  • This could be a Charlton "would I lie to you" special as it's an odd one. my question is, what the hell do you do with pencils at a football match?
  • Apparently there was a bit of aggro over the smelly gel pens as well.
  • Saw Headphones Norm getting searched on the way in. It looked like the steward was going to give him a full internal. Was a bit over the top.

below the belt, normally.

• Did Seb get in ? I saw him in town (Rotherham) at around 11am & he had at least 3 bags :-)

As for taking a pencil case to a football game ...........

I heard the spanners have to take a nut case.
  • shirty5 said:

I saw a tin of Lynx to one side of the turnstile. Obviously one of our youngsters was hoping for a successful night out in South Yorkshire afterwards.
  • I thought the poem was bad.