Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Not at his best but got the job done.

Froch is guest pundit tonight. I thought his comment that Groves will never be world class was utterly disrespectful & completely uncalled for.

Stay classy Carl
  • Expect nothing less from carlos

Thought groves boxed well considering what he was coming back from. Still very young, dirrel won't fancy fighting him neither will arthur Abraham regardless of what carl froch says

Think he will be a very exciting world champion another fight relatively soon would be a good idea
  • Carter said:

Expect nothing less from carlos

Thought groves boxed well considering what he was coming back from. Still very young, dirrel won't fancy fighting him neither will arthur Abraham regardless of what carl froch says

Think he will be a very exciting world champion another fight relatively soon would be a good idea

Agree pritty much. Groves does look vulnerable thou but Carl is a bell end. Sky are so far up his arse.
  • It was a shame that the French bloke didnt have a punch. Towards the end Groves was looking really knackered. Should he have come up against someone who could soak up the pressure until the later rounds and had a decent punch, he would have lost.
  • Glad Groves won, hopefully they'll have more of his fight on sky sports. Not surprised about Froch, very bitter and classless man.
  • edited September 2014
    Happy he won but I was a bit underwhelmed. I know it was a fight to get him back into the mix but he seemed a bit sluggish and tired after 6 rounds or so in. Hopefully that's just cause of who he was against. Looking forward to the next one.

That said, Rebrasse surprised me, no chump. Thought he'd be gone 7 rounds latest. Took hits and didn't look like he'd go down. Shame he didn't got for it round 9 and beyond, surely must have known he was well behind on points and had to try something.
  • edited September 2014
    Just come back from it, although unfortunately missed Groves calling Froch out as I was in a hurry to catch the tube.

Firstly, Groves was comfortable all night. I personally had Groves winning 9 of 12 rounds, and couldn't ever see him losing after the fifth. Some people (not on here) are questioning Groves and saying it was a poor performance, just because he didn't knock Rebrasse out. I find that bizarre, given that absolutely no-one can really say they knew much about Rebrasse before tonight. Groves outboxed him for 85% of the fight and although he was clearly tiring in the latter rounds, proved he can go all 12 against a decent-ish fighter. Rebrasse didn't give up his belt lightly.

Secondly, Froch is a cast-iron bellend, and I can't believe it's only been in the last year or so that most have latched on. He's always been an arrogant tosser, and the way he talks about Groves is unnecessary. Fair enough, he has beaten him twice, but was down on the scorecards in BOTH and being outboxed. First fight was an absolute swindle, and the second Groves made a terrible error. If the second fight had continued as it had been going, Groves wins comfortably on points. I know I said "if", but it's that "if" that give Groves Froch III a chance "if" George beats Dirrell when they fight. And despite what's happened in the past, I've seen enough of George to STILL think he can beat Froch. Don't get me wrong, Froch is a great fighter. But Groves is a superior technical boxer, and will be a world champion after his next fight.

Watch this space...
  • Why would froch be bitter though?
  • Froch has gone down in my estimation since doing these dancing and acrobatic shows on the beeb, wtf you're still a boxer still wanting to be taken seriously and yet can't see that being in spandex and sequins devalues it
    And then you open your mouth and sound like a cnut
  • Personally, I think Froch feels he should be getting way more credit and attention than he does and i think the fact that people like Groves and gave him alot of time and credit after their fights really pisses the Nottingham nonce right off
  • Sponsored links:

• How can he get more credit when he is pouncing around like a mincer
  • How can he get more credit when he is pouncing around like a mincer

I completely agree with you, he however thinks that he is the best thing to happen to British boxing.

I think he sees that floyd mayweather jnr did sticky cum dancing usa and is still respected and feels he has earned the same respect.
  • Floyd was booooooed out of the ring last week same will happen to froch
  • Thing is carl froch should have been bigger news before he was. Fair enough, but he would refuse to go on tv and would rather give soundbites to ITV being classless about Joe Calzaghe. When he won the title against pascal he played funny buggers with sky and ended up in the wilderness on showtime. George Groves did a lot to help Carl Froch come into peoples eye lines.

His comments last night were tacky but he's always been like that. Old school fighter and the man at the top of the thread is right, I'd probably back groves to beat froch if they fought for a third time. But they won't