Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League away ticket prices

Put it on the Friday 5 and see a lot (not surprised) going for the prem over the Champ.

Wonder if people realise what the score is with away tickets these days.

Looked at QPR, they were charged £46 for Old Trafford (Sunday televised), £43 for Upton Park and £39 for Southampton.

Crazy. I just don't know how anyone can justify spending those prices, yet away sections seemed to be selling out still.

If we went up, then i'd love to know what those who think our away numbers now are an embarrassment would think !

Comments

• We'd be in the bronze category though so all our games would be £20
  • edited September 2014
    If we went up, in the first season we'd be selling out.

Some people that don't normally go away, would go.

Some people that can afford it will go more often.

Some people say they won't go in The Championship, because of the cost, but the home attendance will rise by more than 50% if we go up, despite increased prices.

The majority of fans can afford these prices, but would choose to spend their limited funds elsewhere and why shouldn't they ?

Clem (I think) is a good example of people making choices.

He will spend £70+ to go to Rotherham (train & match ticket), but not £30 for Fulham. (Absolutely nothing wrong with that). He is choosing how to spend his money, as he should

Some people may not spend on a holiday or weekends away & choose to go to Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc instead.

• Put it on the Friday 5 and see a lot (not surprised) going for the prem over the Champ.

Looked at QPR, they were charged £46 for Old Trafford (Sunday televised), £43 for Upton Park and £39 for Southampton.

Crazy. I just don't know how anyone can justify spending those prices, yet away sections seemed to be selling out still.

If we went up, then i'd love to know what those who think our away numbers now are an embarrassment would think !

Just for the record, this is what Spurs fans have been charged thus far this season away from home...

already played...

West Ham - £55
    Sunderland - £34

upcoming...

Ars*nal - £64
    Man City - £54
    Villa - £41

I'm in danger of going off in a tangent now but I've come to the conclusion, sadly, that I cant afford to go football any longer. I think this season will be my first in twenty-odd years that I wont have seen Spurs at least once live at WHL. It makes me quite sad. What with the new ground potentially around the corner, its going to get worse, not better.

• JohnBoyUK said:

Put it on the Friday 5 and see a lot (not surprised) going for the prem over the Champ.

Just for the record, this is what Spurs fans have been charged thus far this season away from home...

already played...

West Ham - £55
    Sunderland - £34

upcoming...

Ars*nal - £64
    Man City - £54
    Villa - £41

I'm in danger of going off in a tangent now but I've come to the conclusion, sadly, that I cant afford to go football any longer. I think this season will be my first in twenty-odd years that I wont have seen Spurs at least once live at WHL. It makes me quite sad. What with the new ground potentially around the corner, its going to get worse, not better.

Those prices are f*&king disgraceful, West Ham in particular - £55 to watch Kevin Nolan and Carlton Cole! Have been convinced for about 15 years that the ticketing/player wages/tv money equation is unsustainable, and that eventually normality and common sense would return but it just seems to get worse and worse. For the big clubs in particular, Spurs probably even more than the others, for every supporter who stops going because they can't afford it, there's another 10 or 20 in the queue more than happy to take his place.
  • Pick and choose my games. As someone that has done all the current grounds in the Premier League I have no ambition to do them all again, so I would be no different to the number of away grounds I do now. Around 6-8 a season with new grounds top of my list with certain London games as well as the odd northern away game with decent pubs/transport links.

Cost of tickets, well it depends on my circumstances at that time. If I can afford it, in good health, then yes.
  • I won't pay that kind of money for an away game unless it's a 'special' game. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just I resent these massive ticket prices going to pay mediocre players who earn more in a week than I earn in a year.

As long as people are prepared to pay that kind of money then they will carry on charging it. It's self perpetuating.

Still, West Ham tickets will be about a tenner each when they move to their shiny new stadium.
  • I think our FA cup QF last season was £15.
  • Shocking prices but sadly supply and demand lead to them .... Although on that basis some of our away games should be £1.50
  • edited September 2014
    I wouldn't go to Premier League away games but until the grounds get bigger (safe standing) then they will still be full. It's my own fault....I'm a Sky subscriber.....but the sooner Safe Standing comes in the better for everyone (who hasn't been able to move to an Olympic Stadium!).

People keep saying the bubble will burst but I can't see it happening in my lifetime. I wonder which club will be the first to charge £100 for a normal ticket? Or has it happened already without me knowing?!

Ps if Ronaldo comes back to Man Utd, then wages will be given another big push up and so will ticket prices. And yet another spare Premier player will get pushed out into the Championship on silly money....and yet another Championship club will then have to raise its ticket prices....and so on....
  • Sponsored links:

• Arsenal's non member match day prices range from £65.50 to £97 for a Category A Match.
  • It is thrown in the fans faces the millions a new player costs, how many tens (or hundreds of thousands) they earn a week and that's not inclusive of add ons. Then we are the ones who have to help cover the lunatic spending with outrageous ticket prices and anything else the 'match day experience' has to offer.

I used to think the football league was better than the prem, as it still had the fans at heart, but shame on the Championship clubs charging 25 quid for beaten up stadiums.

Fact is the game is not our game anymore, the tickets prices suffocate our spending. But, there is always someone richer up the chain willing to step into your place, especially in the Premiership.
  • Its not just the prem and Championship that is over priced, I paid over 20 quid to stand in horrible places in league 1. Welling charged £15 for a preseason friendly, there not even in the football league. English football is over priced. Despite saying that, the extra £15 -20 extra to watch premiership games would probably price me out of 2-3 games a season so would probably only do 6-7 compared to 9-10.