Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stefan Maierhofer

Ex Millwall I know
but he has now rejected the chance to go back there but wants to join an English club
QPR, Fulham and Bolton all interested apparently

6 foot 8 Striker played for a number of teams and has an ok scoring record and is a free agent

could he be the striker we are looking for, or am I going to get abuse for even suggesting it because he is ex Millwall

Comments

• Ex Millwall I know
    but he has now rejected the chance to go back there but wants to join an English club

6 foot 8 Striker played for a number of teams and has an ok scoring record and is a free agent

could he be the striker we are looking for, or am I going to get abuse for even suggesting it because he is ex Millwall

What's his goal scoring record like Paulie?
  • Is he the massive Austrian bloke that signed for Millwall last season ? Did he do much there ?

• 2002–2003
    First Vienna 18 (2)

2003–2005
    SV Langenrohr 53 (26)

2005–2006
    Bayern Munich II 42 (21)

Bayern Munich 2 (0)

TuS Koblenz 14 (3)

Greuther Fürth 10 (2)

→ Rapid Vienna (loan) 11 (7)

2008–2009
    Rapid Vienna 38 (24)

2009–2011
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 9 (1)

→ Bristol City (loan) 3 (0)

2010–2011
    → MSV Duisburg (loan) 27 (8)

2011–2012
    Red Bull Salzburg 39 (15)

1. FC Köln 14 (1)

Millwall 11 (2)

I no his last couple are not great including only 2 for Milwall but he did ok at Red Bull and Rapid Vienna, plus I think he is more of a forward that holds the ball up a bit like Yann did
  • Someone for Bob to look up to.
  • He's also 32 years old... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Maierhofer

I reckon this'll be a no no... Apart from Bikey and Ben-Haim (Who I believe as Defenders have been signed for their experience) I don't think its part of our policy signing older players
  • fails the CL height test I'm afraid.

• dont you people listen to big bob no more signings yet
  • His scoring record fits the typical Charlton striker profile....

• 2002–2003
    First Vienna 18 (2)

2003–2005
    SV Langenrohr 53 (26)

2005–2006
    Bayern Munich II 42 (21)

Bayern Munich 2 (0)

TuS Koblenz 14 (3)

Greuther Fürth 10 (2)

→ Rapid Vienna (loan) 11 (7)

2008–2009
    Rapid Vienna 38 (24)

2009–2011
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 9 (1)

→ Bristol City (loan) 3 (0)

2010–2011
    → MSV Duisburg (loan) 27 (8)

2011–2012
    Red Bull Salzburg 39 (15)

1. FC Köln 14 (1)

Millwall 11 (2)

I no his last couple are not great including only 2 for Milwall but he did ok at Red Bull and Rapid Vienna, plus I think he is more of a forward that holds the ball up a bit like Yann did

It would probably make more sense to put more weighting on how he did in our division last season than how he did in an Austrian division three years ago.

Leaving aside the goalscoring record was he any good for Millwall ? I'm sure I remember him playing in the away game against us but don't remember him doing much (think it may have been his debut)
  • We do need a striker but is this guy going to be better than Church or Tucadan?
  • Sponsored links:

• No thanks, he wasn't exactly rated at Millwall, and it would just encourage a long ball
  • Judgement is out till I see some youtube footage of overhead kicks in a match, only half impressed if they are scored in training.
  • Got any tips for lunch?
  • No thanks, he wasn't exactly rated at Millwall, and it would just encourage a long ball

I don't think it would, but when George goes off after 60 minutes instead of binging Moussa or Church on we could bring him on and if we was losing it might be nice to have a different option
  • He looked an absolute cart horse for Millwall.

I don't think it would, but when George goes off after 60 minutes instead of binging Moussa or Church on we could bring him on and if we was losing it might be nice to have a different option
    Do agree partly with this... George isnt the worst player at holding up the ball / winning headers its more other areas when he struggles (Passing and Finishing he needs to work on) yet when he goes off and is replaced by Moussa I feel we lose that threat up front and with Henderson being forced to hit it long neither Moussa or Vetokele can hold it up well (the latter I feel is someone who needs the ball solely at his feet, give it to him there and he'll give Defenders nightmares)
  • Enormous neck
  • Great another striker that can't score in the championship and is past it!
  • Maierhofer isn't useful. I have seen him several times when he played for Rapid Vienna. He is just tall, nothing else. Every time he moves I fear he hurts himself....
  • Be a good option to bring off the bench for the last 10-15 minutes if we are searching for a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2014
    I've got a 7 foot plank of wood I'm willing to donate, save on wages.
  • Be a good option to bring off the bench for the last 10-15 minutes if we are searching for a goal.

...and if we are behind and thus constantly attacking in those 15 minutes (and preferrably are playing a side of very small players). This guy is bloody slow and therefore useless for counterattacks.

• Ex Millwall I know

You are Jonathan Ackworth and I claim my prize.
  • If Bob wants a striker in then I'm sure he's already been identified.
  • rikofold said:

Ex Millwall I know

You are Jonathan Ackworth and I claim my prize.
    Your prize is you get to start a brand new thread all of your own, no strings.
  • Has no-one learnt from Brum's experience with Zigic? Crap, but big crap.

This is what he looked like for Rapid Vienna. A definite "NO" from me.

31 goals in 49 games for Rapid Vienna, I never saw him play for Vienna I am surprised as that sounds like a good goal ratio to me from his time there

31 goals in 49 games for Rapid Vienna, I never saw him play for Vienna I am surprised as that sounds like a good goal ratio to me from his time there
    He played for Rapid when they had a good team. The Austrian league is not that great, and Rapid would dominate most matches. Rapid would be firing in shots and crosses, and Maierhofer would be standing on the edge of the five yard box. Because of his size, a fair number of shots/crosses would hit him. The law of averages dictated that a fair number of the shots etc. that hit him would be deflected into the goal.

I exaggerate slightly, but you get the picture. A cardboard cut-out would probably have scored almost as many goals.

He played for Rapid when they had a good team. The Austrian league is not that great, and Rapid would dominate most matches. Rapid would be firing in shots and crosses, and Maierhofer would be standing on the edge of the five yard box. Because of his size, a fair number of shots/crosses would hit him. The law of averages dictated that a fair number of the shots etc. that hit him would be deflected into the goal.

I exaggerate slightly, but you get the picture. A cardboard cut-out would probably have scored almost as many goals.
    Honest question are you Rapid Vienna or Austria Vienna, just asking cos honestly if someone asked me about a Palace player even if he was good I would probably make out he was bad, and they way you put that made it sound like maybe you side towards Austria Vienna