Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Broken XBOX 360

So my poxy 360 has packed up, anything I put in it is apparently scratched and unreadable.

Anyone encounterd this problem previously and have any ideas how to resolve it? Or a place that fixes 360's.

No, medders/carlsberg, I won't reduce myself to buying a PS3.

Comments

• Still under warranty? Send it off to Microsoft you'll have it back in about 6 weeks...
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]No, medders/carlsberg, I won't reduce myself to buying a PS3.

LOL. That was exactly what I was going to suggest as I was reading the first couple of lines!!

XBOX 360's are shite. End of.
  • People who play with these sort of games are sexually frustrated :-)
  • WSS, warranty ended in September, typical eh.

Medders, you're a melt, give yourself a slap.

Ketters, wow, I really don't know where to start with this comment...... ;-)
  • Not sure there's much chance of that with Stu, he's got Essex birds all over, errrr Essex.

You on the other hand, can't even see it when it's on a plate! ;-)
  • Stu - Call Microsoft, they have increased the warrenty on all their machines as they know there is a fairly big fault with them all sold in the past 2 years, they'll fix it for free although there is a bit of a wait for them to get round to it... unfortunatly it's very common with the 360, I have a mate whose on his 6th.
  • This thread should be titled 'geek thread'
  • Yeah, Microsoft have extended all the warranties on the 360's to 3 years. My friend had the same problem as you and just sent if off to Microsoft. Mine broke but i got the ring of death.
  • Excellent, will deal with this as soon as I get home.

Cheers guys.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]People who play with these sort of games are sexually frustrated :-)

lol, how 100% right is this comment!! lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Are the three rings red?
  • [cite]Posted By: banknote[/cite]i got the ring of death.

Sounds like something to do with Dicko's club...
  • Don't make me repeat the rules to you splitter
  • Oh go on Dicko, you know you want to
  • E-mail is being sent out
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Excellent, will deal with this as soon as I get home.

Cheers guys.[/quote]

Stu, this 'Ring of Death' thing happened to my Sons X-Box 360, that he bought at 'Game' in Dartford. I didn't bother with Microsoft, just took it back there and they swapped it, no questions asked.

It's normal for manufacturers to pass the warranty of the product on when they sell it, so try the retailer from where you bought it first, it'll save you waiting six weeks.
  • Will do, sadly it's not the ring of death, it just won't read any discs.

I'll find out where the insurance company bought it from, as this one is a replacment from when our house got burgled.
  • Played pro evo on the xbox 360 and the ps3, and the fps rate on the 360 is mentally superior. Same with skate and assassins creed, not to mention the general graphics quality. Xbox 360 = Beast. Ps3 = ... Yeast?

Holla