Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

does anyone else think

that overhead kicks are allowed to stand as goals/shots etc(west hams yesterday) because it looks good when to me it is clearly dangerous play , the man city defender nearly had his head taken off!

Comments

• If there are no players around then it isnt dangerous and they stand but if a head in close by then it clearly is dangerous.
  • I had my nose busted by an overhead kick once.

Not that the other bloke had to really get his foot that high......
  • I love the way you put in the second line to stave off the inevitable ridicule!

"How did that happen, were you playing a team of elves?"
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]that overhead kicks are allowed to stand as goals/shots etc(west hams yesterday) because it looks good when to me it is clearly dangerous play , the man city defender nearly had his head taken off!

you are right oohaah.
    if cole had been facing the goal and defender, and volleyed it in with his foot that high, it would almost certainly have been disallowed.
  • edited January 2008
    have to say i disagree, richards was stooping to chest height or a bit below but i get the point with other goals where the follow through of the overhead kick is more at shoulder/head height.

pbs -definitely something in the "if he was the other way around" argument though
  • I can remember Mark Reid having a perfectly good goal against Man U at Sellout wiped off because the defender stooped down and practically headed it away from his knees. Still won though.
  • I've never quite got this either. If a foot is deemed to be too high, how can it not be just because you do a somersault at the same time?
    And it's allowed regardless of whether other players are around or not.

It's only allowed because people are too afraid to say otherwise.
  • I got kicked full on in the mouth before by one of them probably my fault for putting my head in the way but it's an effective way of firing towards goal when your back is to the goal and a header would be a bit ineffective.

They look good though ;-)