Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Offside Rule Explained For Girlies

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till.

Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also & is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you.If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong to be in front of the other shopper!

NOW DO YOU GET IT?!!

Comments

• But what about if your other best friend is in front of the person in front of you but at the checkout next to you.

Could it be argued that your other best friend could interfere with the catch?
  • But Addickted, you haven't described the shoes - what brand are they, how high are the heels, what colour are they? How can you possibly expect us to be interested unless we know all the important details?
  • What about, in the event the friend throws the purse too far and the shop assistant goes to catch it but doesn't, and she 'parries' it back to you?

Or if the friend who throws the purse is standing between you and the shop assistant and/or the shopper in front of you?
  • What happens is the shop assistant goes out back, and is off the shop floor when the purse is thrown ?
  • Or what happens if the queue is really big and you are actually standing in the half of the shop that is not the actual checkout area when the purse is thrown?

or

If your best friend runs in front of you and throws it BACK to you?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Or what happens if the queue is really big and you are actually standing in the half of the shop that is not the actual checkout area when the purse is thrown?

or

If your best friend runs in front of you and throws it BACK to you?

Ha ha you are far too obsessed with this thread about womens shoes!!
  • you have to look at these things though Chris.

Say for example your friend throws the purse but you just let it go and it goes striaght to the cashier, would they still accept payment?
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    Ha ha you are far too obsessed with this thread about womens shoes!!

Dunno what you're talking about
  • A good tip:

Go into the shop that has a Miss Bramble as the shop assistant. The Cashier at the end of the shop will pass her the cash box for her to distribute through the rest of the outlet, however, she's not very good at catching, and will usually drop it, thus gifting you a direct route to the cashier. Cha ching.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]But what about if your other best friend is in front of the person in front of you but at the checkout next to you.

Could it be argued that your other best friend could interfere with the catch?

They'd both be in-active so the purchase wouldn't be disallowed.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]What happens is the shop assistant goes out back, and is off the shop floor when the purse is thrown ?

In-active again.

Where's Ledge when you need him?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Or what happens if the queue is really big and you are actually standing in the half of the shop that is not the actual checkout area when the purse is thrown?

You can't be offside if you're not in the checkout half of the shop.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If your best friend runs in front of you and throws it BACK to you?

You can't be offside from a throw in.
  • Thanks addickted - i'm now off to Clarks
  • Well done Addickted, they got you on the back foot but you never buckled....
  • my wife went into Clarkes in Bexleyheath last Thursday evening and within five minutes, yes five minutes, actually came out with a pair of shoes. She has now worn the said shoes and won't be returning them because they are too small/too big/wrong colour/too expensive/too cheap/too tacky/too tarty/too flat/too high. Is this some sort of record ?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]A good tip:

Go into the shop that has a Miss Bramble as the shop assistant. The Cashier at the end of the shop will pass her the cash box for her to distribute through the rest of the outlet, however, she's not very good at catching, and will usually drop it, thus gifting you a direct route to the cashier. Cha ching.

Ha ha! The Titus Bramble fck-up factor. :o)
  • Why are you explaining this to woman, shouldnt they be off ironing and cooking, rather than watching football?

I'm off to hide for the next few weeks, cya.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]my wife went into Clarkes in Bexleyheath last Thursday evening and within five minutes, yes five minutes, actually came out with a pair of shoes. She has now worn the said shoes and won't be returning them because they are too small/too big/wrong colour/too expensive/too cheap/too tacky/too tarty/too flat/too high. Is this some sort of record ?

Five minutes is normally the time it takes Lady Irving just to look in a shoe shop window when the shop is shut although I admit that I love buying shoes and I don't care who knows it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]my wife went into Clarkes in Bexleyheath last Thursday evening and within five minutes, yes five minutes, actually came out with a pair of shoes. She has now worn the said shoes and won't be returning them because they are too small/too big/wrong colour/too expensive/too cheap/too tacky/too tarty/too flat/too high. Is this some sort of record ?

Five minutes is normally the time it takes Lady Irving just to look in a shoe shop window when the shop is shut although I admit that I love buying open-toed sandals and I don't care who knows it.

Edited for accuracy ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• lol titus bramble fuck up this week nearly caused a charlton dan piss pant moment!! very funny!