Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McLeod to Palarse?

edited January 2008 in Rumours
From the BBC newspaper round-up:

Crystal Palace are lining up a £1m bid for Charlton striker Izale McLeod. (News of the World)

Also:
Peterborough have told Charlton to keep away from their 23-goal striker Aaron McLean. (News of the World)

Comments

• now that would be funny. annoying thing is he;'d probably bang them in for them as their fans probably more patient.
  • Give credit to Palarse. That really stirs it up.
  • There is no way Murray will sell to Palace
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]There is no way Murray will sell to Palace

Unless its an overpriced bid for a crap player - which is not what I am suggesting about McCleod. Scary the way palace have now overtaken us. Its looking, a this stage like West brom for the automatics and the 2nd spot wide open.
  • The talk is of a £1M move to Norwich. That sounds the more likely to me.
  • my boss, a Norwich fan, who is pretty well connected said that Izzy was due to join on loan on Friday but because the Andy Gray transfer dragged a bit the Izzy loan got sidetracked. Expect it to happen next week. Personally I wouldn't see as I reckon he's got something to offer and can obviously score goals, his record says so. Low in confidence at the moment. Saying that I'd still have him ahead of Dickson whose game looks very raw to me with too many rough edges at the moment.
  • I'd Be surprised if we were interested in him. And I'd very much doubt CAFC would sell to CPFC.
  • sorry Large, I have to contradict you here.

Whilst Mclead may have potential and Dickson is raw I'd much rathe have Dickson in the side at the present time. Yesterday showed that given a chance he could fashion something out of nothing - something he showed on tuesday night (but you wern't there to see it)
  • i agree with golf, as i said in my tuesday debrief, dickson runs direct at goal, mcleod in a big nervous windy loop, that's one of the main gaps for me at the moment.

can't see him leaving permanently and no way will he be sold to palace.

end of the season loan deal with a recall clause to the likes of Colchester, Leicester, Norwich (teams we have already played twice and could damage our rivals) or a higher League 1 side - give him to Orient!!
  • its a non-starter, as said we simply wouldn't sell to Palace (and probably any other promotion rival) mid-season.
  • Sponsored links:

• and one Million pounds, is not the sort of figure we can afford to spend.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its a non-starter, as said we simply wouldn't sell to Palace (and probably any other promotion rival) mid-season.

You're probably right AFKA, although Pards has mentioned a few times about possibly swapping players. That's the only way i could see any deal being done with palace.
  • no way! If he went there u just know hed start scoring goals, like lisbie and marcus bent when they left. and for palace itd be even wors
  • amazing that text speak travels further afield than the Queen's
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: zizi-fans[/cite]no way! If he went there u just know hed start scoring goals, like lisbie and marcus bent when they left. and for palace itd be even wors

methinks ZIZI FANS keeps forgetting who he has signed in as
  • I don't understand why people seem to have taken to Dickson but not McCleod.

Dickson fluffed a 1 on 1 that would have got us the win and I haven't seen it mentioned. If McCloed had done the same he would have been slated on here.
  • I don't understand the bile directed at Izzy either mate. People were happy to give Rommedahl 3 years to try and do something
  • It's all about the next Ian Wright. I have to say that McLeod doesn't yet deserve the crap thats thrown at him but he is seriously lacking in confidence/trying too hard and he does need to start proving he can hit the target. Dickson on the other hand is living his dream and his attitude even when he's on the bench just shows that. He has a huge grin on his face and he plays without fear.
  • Izzy and zz are together
  • I'm definately in the 'I don't understand the dislike for McLeod' camp. I haven't seen anything worse from him than lack of confidence. But in this day of no one ever getting any time (unless your name is Denis or Kevin) I would prefer it if he was loaned to another club to see if he can turn it around a la Youga.

And let us not forget, the two games we played with McLeod & Varney up front have been so much better than with Big Chris.

I'll be very very very angry if he's sold to that Sellout lot!!!!

A side to the point of players getting grief from their own fans. I know of a player who has just recently & even more improtant, reluctantly moved to another club purely because of the grief he was getting from his home supporters. Now I can understand some saying 'what a woose' but take note, this is a player who grew up in a family who supported this club, when he finally played for them it was a dream come true, he sustained a couple of injuries and since returning has found it difficult to recapture his true form. He was loaned out awhile & then returned to his beloved club & even scored for them. But the crowd still got on his back. So he's up sticks & moved & it's really upset him (even though financially he's much better off).

Just a story for those who sometimes find it easy to boo a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's that then?
  • edited January 2008
    Darren Bent (@ Spurs, I should add)
  • I dont think McCleod has had stick at matches more on boards like this,his lack of confidence is nothing to do with the fans as I haven't heard booing at matches.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Darren Bent

Don't be so silly master yoda
  • edited January 2008
    Hopefully we've learned from when we've previously sold our players to promotion rivals and we won't touch Palarse.

Robert Lee comes to mind.
  • Not sure why the general opinion is that we wouldnt sell to Palace. Why do people think that other than perhaps they are our promotion rivals.
  • murray wouldn't even pick up the phone and i'm sure jordan wouldn't either
  • I'm sure they would if it was the right deal.
  • Still waiting to know the subject of KBslittlesis' post...intriguing!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I dont think McCleod has had stick at matches more on boards like this,his lack of confidence is nothing to do with the fans as I haven't heard booing at matches.

exactly i haven't heard any boos just cries of frustration as he scuffs/fresh airs another shot