Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Baked Beans

Following on from the compromise thread (http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1917448#Comment_1917448), I decided, last evening, to give Branston baked beans a go.

Sorry, but Heinz are much better (in my opinion). I will continue to not compromise on baked beans going forward (but I did give it a go!).

Since I was young...
I’ve always ate....
The Heinz baked beans....
The brand for me......

Comments

• Beanz Meanz Heinz
  • Its just an example of how strong a marketing campaign can impact a nation. I am pretty sure that in taste tests, one of the own brand (I think Sainsburys) wipes the floor with Heinz every single time.
  • Beans beans good for your heart the more you eat the more you fart
  • MSE7 said:

Beans beans good for your heart the more you eat the more you fart

The more you fart the more you eat, and that's why beans are good to eat
  • Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel, so eat beans with every meal
  • A million housewives every day pick up a tin of Beans and say Beanz Meanz Heinz
  • I dont like Baked Beans

There, I've said it..

Tinned spaghetti as my sloppy stuff on a fry up
  • Cant stand Heinz beans. the sauce is too strong compared to other beans....

Morrisons cheapy ones. They are the best imho
  • BRANSTON TILL I DIE (thank you @elthamaddick - it was your recommendation a few months back that made me try the branston beauties!)
  • no problem, since I've tried them I always get them now
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Heinz are the king of beans, tried the rest, they didn't past the test.
  • Quite fond of the american incarnation of baked beans - in a brown/BBQ type sauce.
  • I dont like Baked Beans

There, I've said it..

Tinned spaghetti as my sloppy stuff on a fry up

I cant stand beans, wouldn't even eat anything on the plate with beans on there.
  • edited August 2014
    always heat in a pan (not the microwave) and chuck a bit of butter in when heating to thicken the sauce up.

don't mind Heinz or Branston.
  • Baked Beans are the bollocks . I love beans with everything , pie chips and beans , steak chips n beans , lasagne chips n beans , lovely . beans with a fry up , beans on toast , beautiful . Double beans

NEVER microwave and NEVER tommy k on them
  • I like to put curry powder in my beans..........Loverlee. Keeps me regular.

My missus hates beans.........
  • I buy cannellini, kidney and Black-eyed beans. Mix, add some olive oil and white wine vinegar.
    Much nicer than baked beans IMHO
  • I was in supermarket this morning and looked at the Branston beans thinking who would buy them when they're the same price as Heinz? Then I find this thread, weird.
  • edited August 2014

I like to put curry powder in my beans..........Loverlee. Keeps me regular.

Curry powder on beans?

That's enough to blow a hole through anyone's jock strap. I wouldn't want to light a match after you've let one rip..
  • Sponsored links:

• Branston beans are miles better than Heinz! Heinze ketchup on the other hand is the best
  • MSE7 said:

Curry powder on beans?

That's enough to blow a hole through anyone's jock strap. I wouldn't want to light a match after you've let one rip..
    Thought you were on holiday? What happened?
  • Toast & Marmite with Heinz Baked Beans on top. Mmmm.
    Like the Five Beans variety too.
  • MSE7 said:

Curry powder on beans?

Didn't like falaraki, hopefully my gap year in oz will be better,

Sex capital of the world, They don't call it down under for nothing you know.
  • corned beef, baked beans and brown sauce on toast.
  • MSE7 said:

MSE7 said:

Curry powder on beans?

Didn't like falaraki, hopefully my gap year in oz will be better,

Sex capital of the world, They don't call it down under for nothing you know.
    Have you ever read Billy Liar. Great book. You would love it.
  • My favourite combo. Chips, beans, mayo. Get that mayo mixed in with the bean juice. Out of this world.
  • Baked Beans. Love 'em and my favourite food. I used to eat them cold, with a spoon, straight from the tin. The salt reduced/free are actually good for you too! I don't care about the brand
  • Ur joking man? I need to watch those movies