Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Utopia

Anyone watching?

Brilliant

Comments

• Watched episode one series one and stopped. Would reconsider though. Is it worth it?
  • Huskaris said:

Watched episode one series one and stopped. Would reconsider though. Is it worth it?

Cant think why anyone would need to consider watching Babestation... Course its worth it ;)
  • Love the characters and the camera work. The vivid colours and cartoon violence work well.
  • Not watched this weeks episode yet, but this series is so far living up to the first. Good story (scarily feasible at times), cranky characters and very well made
  • I would say Utopia is one of the best looking filmed program's I have ever watched on TV. The storyline is also pretty interesting as well.
  • Only watched a couple of episodes but thought it was pretty good. Have the rest of season 1 ready to stick on my phone for the commute when I've finished the american office. Big fan of the guy from Misfits, think he's chosen well with his roles.
  • Yes as good as the first. Enjoying it and will catch up on rest of the series after I return from Yank.
  • Wondered whether anyone would put up a thread on this 2nd series.

We're avid fans even though it's "paused" a couple of times each episode while we pool our thoughts on what's going on (IYKWIM)

• Definitely worth watching. Agree that it is beautifully shot and the quirkiness of the odd characters juxtaposed with the normality of the others makes it really interesting. Some dark humour in it too - the start of last night's episode was hilarious and terrifying in equal measure. So glad they brought Lee back. Him and Arby are brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    I remember saying this in series 1 - Neil Maskell who plays Arby is a local lad - Bexley Grammar I think. I used to play football with him for Long Lane (he was terrible) but he always used to go on about his acting. That role suits him just perfectly as he can quirky and strange yet frightening at the same time. I watched the first episode of series 2 last night and you can start to understand why he is like he is.

Really interesting storyline and I love the vivid colours too - really well thought out story line and will certainly be remembered as a cult show. Shame it's not got a wider audience to be honest - it's the sort of thing that would be massive if it were on Sky1.
  • The viewing figures of this series have been really low, which is surprise.

BSkyB helped fund the production, shame they didn't grab it for themselves.
  • Swisdom said:

Neil Maskell who plays Arby is a local lad - Bexley Grammar I think.

I'm sure we've had this conversation on here before, but we were in the same class, i used to sit next to Neil and we went on to North West Kent college together afterwards. Was one of my best friends for a good ten years until my high-flying career in records management and data entry really started to take off and we drifted apart...

He once got us caught up in some postcode war up Angel. A few of us had gone up to meet him after his drama class however we stood out like a sore thumb around Chapel Market and were set upon. Me and another managed to leg it back to a mates place at Old Street, while one of my other mates who was collared had to show ID to prove he wasn't from this nearby gang.

His career has only really seemed to have properly taken off in the last few years. Just goes to show what can happen if you stick at something. Made up for him, nice fella.
  • He looks like the twat on Soccer AM
  • Best thing on the 'telly' as far as I'm concerned.
  • Hmmm...stuck with the first series despite some reservations.
    Just watched the first episode of this new one and probably won't bother with the rest. I found it horribly violent to the point of sadism - left me feeling a little queasy.
    Think I'll just stick with New Girl.
  • Two series about Todd Rungren's old band? A bit niche.
  • Very violent that's true, but a great Drama/Thriller series. Visually so refreshing, great script, and the humour embedded from time to time is excellent too.
    Certainly up there with Line of Duty, maybe even better.
  • hawksmoor said:

Two series about Todd Rungren's old band? A bit niche.

my precise thought hawks, when i saw the thread, so i dashed to the collection, and stuck on the massive "cry baby", what a stonker!!!!!
  • Rothko said:

The viewing figures of this series have been really low, which is surprise.

BSkyB helped fund the production, shame they didn't grab it for themselves.

I don't think they publicised it well. I missed the first two episodes as didn't know it was on and had to watch on catch-up.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
    I decided to give this a go again because of this thread. Arby is in the top 5 characters I have ever seen in any show I have watched. Pure evil.... But he deserves to win. Thanks so much for sharing that story with us AFKA. Made me shiver a bit!!!
  • One of the best British TV series I've seen for a long time, unfortunately Channel 4 have cancelled it so there will not be a series 3. Gutted.
  • Great show, but poor viewing figures. Shame.
  • If I'm honest, I thought the second series just repeated the first. Shame, because the first episode of the second series was fantastic (the flashback one). I avoided it all until the start of series 2 - then powered through them all in two days. Brilliant television.