Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4-4-2 or not 4-4-2 that is the question?

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
After playing the 2 strikers last Saturday what do we think is gonna happen against Blackpool this week? Surely we can't go back to 1 up front? If it is 2 strikers what 2 will it be?

Also does anyone think Basey will be brought in to play on the left of midfield? The boy can put the ball on a sixpence but I'm not sure he would be much good at beating players?

Comments

• Options
    definately gotta be 4-4-2 at home, take the game to 'em. Quite happy to use 4-5-1 when away as it gives us a more disciplined look.

Agree about Basey in midfield, Youga will keep his place at LB and hopefully JT will be fit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]definately gotta be 4-4-2 at home, take the game to 'em. Quite happy to use 4-5-1 when away as it gives us a more disciplined look.

Agree about Basey in midfield, Youga will keep his place at LB and hopefully JT will be fit.

Not the left but centre maybe especially away when we want a more solid look.
  • Options
    Can we play 442 with players like Ambrose/Reid/Thomas in the side? Until we sign/develop a dominating central midfielder we're always liable to get torn apart. I'm not saying that one striker is the answer but until we figure out how to balance our midfield we're going to get turned over time and again.

S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Can we play 442 with players like Ambrose/Reid/Thomas in the side? Until we sign/develop a dominating central midfielder we're always liable to get torn apart. I'm not saying that one striker is the answer but until we figure out how to balance our midfield we're going to get turned over time and again.

S.

I don't think that 4-4-2 would be a problem with Semedo playing the holding role just in front of the back, however Pards doesn't seem to want to play him there.