Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe away

edited January 2008 in Match Day Travel
The one everyone was looking forward to in the Summer.....

What ? you've changed your minds ????? :-)

Booked my train yesterday

Comments

• i want to go, what are the trains like and when are tickets on sale.
  • I'm still up for it. Any idea when the tickets are going on sale?
  • Tried to sort the train out last night, so hopefully a yes with Buckshee and the Inspector
  • how much is the train?
  • Booked ours the other day, 8 of us going. Been looking forward to this for a while.
    Good northern saturday away game getting hammered all day.

Think the train is about 30-35 quid though.
  • i'm on the attached trains, and there are about 12 seats still available, so get yourselves organised and give Syd a buzz tonight. Price is around 33-35 i understand.

http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/GroupRailTravel.ink
  • This one and Blackpool were the ones i looked for first of all when the fixtures came out, mini bus in order i think,
  • Anyone know when the tickets go on sale?
  • i've heard singles can also be bought for £18 each way, though can't confirm it.
  • Right chaps (and chapesses) - tickets are on general sale.

I've just bought 2. All others say "aye"....
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot use the hotline 0871 number as I am in an overseas office, and online sales still not available on the website. Hopefully will have a couple of tickets later today!
  • tickets a very reasonable £18 as well.

Hope there is a good turnout for this one. If they go down, it may be a long time till you get the chance to tick it off the list...
  • Got the train tickets sorted, will get the match tickets some point next week, should be a good day out
  • Got 2 tickets, looking forward to this one!
  • Got my tickets and sorted the train a couple of weeks ago for £23.

Can't wait, proper northern away game (on the booze!)
  • Got train tickets on the Cheesewright express as just didn't fancy the drive. £33 - £37.50

Should be a good trip.

Is it standing behind the goal?
  • The grounds is fully enclosed with seating on 3 sides, away fans are seated,The Caparo Merchant Bar Stand capacity is just over 1600.

The ground is about 2 miles from the station so it's a bus or taxi, plenty of pubs nearby, should be be good for real ales! Boddingtons,Waddingtons,Pedigree, enjoy the day.
  • why is it a bus or taxi lazy bastards , walk it
  • cant wait for this one
  • the drive's a piece of piss done it for hull away I shall be partaking with northstandjoe and 2 others.
  • Sponsored links:

• "the drive's a piece of piss done it for hull away I shall be partaking with northstandjoe and 2 others."

Will you be stopping off in that pub in the middle of nowhere on the way back!!
  • Train for me.
  • Getting tickets tomorrow.

I get the feeling this might be a standy up game, yippee.
  • yep , train for us on this one
  • Yep just looked it up good walk loads of pubs
  • Missed the train tickets but first reserve if any cancellations. Can get a complimentary from a relation on Scunthorpe staff but no chance - buying my ticket for away end - nothing worse than having to watch your team amongst opposing fans.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"the drive's a piece of piss done it for hull away I shall be partaking with northstandjoe and 2 others."

Will you be stopping off in that pub in the middle of nowhere on the way back!![/quote]

No Dave I feckin wont but I will meet up with u boys in scunny.
  • Overnighter for the Sevenoaks Six.
  • rather than go on thetrainline.com, i used the national express train site. yesterday booked singles to and from doncaster totalling £21 each. £8 day return donny-scunny = £29, which isn't bad. bit of an early start, get to scunny at 10ish. so fry up then pub.
    got match tickets today, 700 sold so far.
  • bit early tho isnt it.

i booked taverns tickets last week. single tickets, costing 38 quid. so theres a lot to be said to getting in early and not dithering about!!

i booked anothe ticket this week... they are now 44 quid.