Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Suarez isn't alone.

So after reading the vitriol written about the Uruguayans after the Suarez chomp, I wonder what the response to this will be.....................
An England football supporter had a piece of his ear bitten off by another England fan at the World Cup in Brazil.

The assault happened during England's match against Uruguay in Sao Paulo on 19 June, British police deployed to the tournament have said.

Local officers started an investigation after the fan made a complaint but the assailant has not been identified.

Confirmation of the incident came after radio pundit Stan Collymore tweeted he had seen footage of a "fan attacked".

Six police British police officers have travelled to Brazil for the tournament. Their role is to to offer support and advice to Brazilian police and local authorities as well as overseeing the thousands of England fans who travelled to the country.Chief Supt Rachel Barber said her officers were made aware during the match "that an incident had taken place which resulted in an England fan having a portion of his ear bitten off by another England fan".

She added: "In the immediate aftermath, we managed to make contact with the victim and offered advice and support. The day after the attack, the victim chose to make a formal complaint to the local police, and they opened an investigation.

"During the course of our pursuit of the assailant, we located and interviewed several witnesses. They were very helpful in giving their version of events, but, unfortunately they were unable to give us a name for the alleged attacker."

She said officers observed supporters at England's final match against Costa Rica on 24 June in Belo Horizonte "but it appears he did not travel to that game".

"Efforts are ongoing to identify the suspect and bring him to justice either in the UK or, if possible, back in Brazil where the offence occurred," she added.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "We are aware of an incident in Sao Paulo on June 19 involving a British national and we provided consular assistance."

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Reaction? The bloke who did this was a twat. I doubt that when he is found and prosecuted (not just stopped from kicking a football around for a couple of games and fined 4 days wages) he will be supported by his government, his FA and fellow supporters or will he be welcomed by thousands of adoring fans.

So apart from these two words I cannot see any similarity with both incidents...

Brazil
    Bite

That's my reaction.
  • Maybe he just lost his balance and his face hit the poor blokes lug hole like Luis? Haven't read the story but saw the picture on the front pages today along with the allegation it was a racially motivated attack too.

Both perpetrators are utter scum and Soapy has nailed the difference in their treatment above is my reaction.
  • Bite a player on the pitch banned from playing a few games of football, bite a fan off the pitch and your subject to a criminal investigation. Suarez can count himself very lucky, three times over.
  • Apart from the fact that the result of one bite was a few teeth indentations on someone's shoulder (I saw a tweet that said 'I have had love bites that did more damage') and the result of the other bite was that someone lost half his f@&king ear I can't see any difference between the two incidents either!
  • Collymore's tweeted;

"The story that will unfold in the coming days, the footage will be the biggest story in the UK. I guarantee this. Especially who did it."

We'll see...
  • se9addick said:

Collymore's tweeted;

"The story that will unfold in the coming days, the footage will be the biggest story in the UK. I guarantee this. Especially who did it."

We'll see...

Adrian Chiles got peckish?
  • I've actually just watched the footage and its disgusting. Seriously something wrong with some people.
  • He will be named pretty soon & his name will be all over the news. I hope he's sent to a stinking Brazilian prison and left there to rot with his fellow attacker. Absolutely disgusting.
  • Just watched the footage of this, outrageous stuff and hope he's caught, am sure he will be pretty soon
  • What makes it worse (if thats possible) is that it is alleged to be a racist attack.

Has shamed our nation.

They need to be caught.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Collymore's tweeted;

We'll see...

Adrian Chiles got peckish?
    Nick Griffin? Nigel Farage? Prince Philip?
  • John Terry :-)
  • sorry i hvaent seen the video. So someone stood around filming someone getting their ear bitten off and didnt stop to help /defend the guy from his attacker?

I cant bring myself to watch.
  • Curb_It said:

sorry i hvaent seen the video. So someone stood around filming someone getting their ear bitten off and didnt stop to help /defend the guy from his attacker?

There were plenty of other people there and the stewards acted pretty sharpish.
  • Curb_It said:

sorry i hvaent seen the video. So someone stood around filming someone getting their ear bitten off and didnt stop to help /defend the guy from his attacker?

There were plenty of other people there and the stewards acted pretty sharpish.
    TBF you're not going to know, he was going to have his ear bitten off.