Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Ellis left club today

Paul asked me to advise everybody of his redundancy which took place today, regrettably the club has made no official announcement of this and some other peoples departure today. Of course he will still be attending the valley on match days .

Comments

• Now ladies and gents it is official. I'm sure everyone will be sad to see him go. Disappointed with the clubs overall attitude but it seems to be the way they do things these days.
  • Maybe for those not in the know, could someone elaborate on Pauls position, longevity with the club etc.
  • Good luck Paul........
  • Good luck Paul. Hope things work out for you
  • Good luck. Another bit of the fabric of our club gone.
  • Good luck Paul , big shout out for the Mottingham, Sidcup Road, Massives
  • I don't know Paul but have seen him around good luck to him
  • You'll be missed , Paul.

Thanks for looking out for the NWKA post for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Legend, used to make sure I got back home safe in my early teens from away train trips, shared untold Charlton experiences over in excess of 30 years, especially the overseas trips - good luck mate.
  • Sadie, I think I've seen him getting off the train at mottingham recently using a walking aid. If it was him, he didn't look too well. Hope he's ok and good luck to him, proper charlton.
  • Ditto Rock Spectacle remember Paul selling the away train tickets in the old Palace club shop when we played a shitehurst. Proper Charlton
  • The latest in a long line. Is there anyone left at the club in double figures? Good luck Paul - Charlton to the core.
  • All the best Paul, all the best.
  • Pass him my regards a def proper charlton man

And I hope the club acknowledge him in some way

This is also a much nicer thread than the last one on this subject

• Sadie, I think I've seen him getting off the train at mottingham recently using a walking aid. If it was him, he didn't look too well. Hope he's ok and good luck to him, proper charlton.

He is fine he fell and broke his hip at work at Charlton a few years ago and had a hip replacement he uses an aid when he has to walk a long way. It never affected his work though.
  • The latest in a long line. Is there anyone left at the club in double figures? Good luck Paul - Charlton to the core.

Only a small few now.
  • Good luck Paul. Would it have been him doing The Valley tours on 'fans day' in the summer last year. Seemed a really decent chap.

Really disappointing the club do not announce a departure like this officially and give a thank you.
  • Good luck Paul, many thanks for all the hard work and love you've put into the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems almost a crime to love the club and work there, hope Paul can enjoy watching CAFC now without having the stress of working there.
  • I know everyone loves RD and his accounting woman - but the club is being stripped of dedicated staff.

I stopped buying a programme from the I noticed the seller was wearing a gooners top.

Still - at least we are signing loads of well known quality players for the new season.

Good luck Paul and well done for everything you have achieved.
  • All the best Paul,will still see you around on visits too matches.
    Still remember coaches in the 1970s with you.1990s with the train,GOOD TIMES MY FRIEND.
    Until we meet again go safe.

He is fine he fell and broke his hip at work at Charlton a few years ago and had a hip replacement he uses an aid when he has to walk a long way. It never affected his work though.
    Thanks, glad he's ok.
  • All the very best, Paul.
  • Don't know the bloke, but he is a true servant and sounds as though he has the club in his heart. Proper Charlton, not like those that are currently making all the decisions.

Our time will come again, life works out that way in the end. We'll get our Charlton back. Good luck matey.
  • colthe3rd said:

First, I thank him for his service.

Second, and I presume this won't be popular. But should a club announce the redundancy of every single person at the club? Imo if it had not been mentioned on here the vast majority of Charlton fans would not know who he is. It's not a dig at the man just think it's wrong to have a go at the owners for this.

Maybe just the ones who have put in a good few years service

Anyone who has been following Charlton for a long time will recognise this fella a true Addick
  • Good Luck Paul.
  • colthe3rd said:

First, I thank him for his service.

Second, and I presume this won't be popular. But should a club announce the redundancy of every single person at the club? Imo if it had not been mentioned on here the vast majority of Charlton fans would not know who he is. It's not a dig at the man just think it's wrong to have a go at the owners for this.

Maybe just the ones who have put in a good few years service

Anyone who has been following Charlton for a long time will recognise this fella a true Addick
    Possibly. I did recognise the name on the thread title but again I'm sure the vast majority would not know him. I just think this is not a stick to beat the owners with. Sounds like Paul had his own reasons fro doing what he did, doesn't mean we should automatically jump in with him.