Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza world cup goal

Can anyone do the nice favour of posting his goal vs Bosnia on this thread I missed it and will cheer me up and possibly other lifers that missed it.

I'm starting to like reza the world cup experience will give him confidence he can take into next season with us. I hope he doesn't wear odd world cup branded boots in the championship though (blue,purple) and have his collar up like Eric Cantona...Not that kind of confidence.

Comments

• ta.

Found the space nodded it in.

Very pleased for him.
  • Give it up lads..........he is not the answer to our problems.
  • We'll see Philip
  • Dave2l said:

ta.

Very pleased for him.

tap in not a header

• Often takes players a while to adapt to a new Country, culture, team etc. Hopefully he will now have completed this transition phase and be ready to kick on.

Next season he will have the benefit of pre season with us and the confidence that the world cup should have brought. We should see an improved player.

Well done to him for scoring Iran's first world cup goal and the first world cup goal by a player playing for Charlton at the time of the goal. Nice to hear the club mentioned on a global stage.
  • Reza and his goal got Charlton a bit of coverage during the world surely that's good?
    Playing reza upfront on his on his own with Iran's defensive set up he was always going to struggle to get goals?relying on hopefull long balls?
    Even Simon church would have struggled with that formation!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Dave2l said:

ta.

Very pleased for him.

tap in not a header
    poked, nodded, tapped...its all the same though the physicalities might be different.
  • Shocking defending.
  • edited June 2014
    It might have looked a tap in - but watch Reza's movement from the moment the ball was played towards the wide player.

His reading of the situation was very good and he began his run and got in front of his marker to be in the right place at the right time.

Proper poacher's goal scoring instinct. Made it look easy.

I agree with the poor defending though. His marker had switched off.

• Sponsored links:

• According to this there is a £70m pot shared out amongst the clubs that contribute players to the World Cup so Reza's appearance should land us some dosh. I make it an average of £100k but I'm not sure if the payments are structured based on how much game time the player actually makes/how long he spends at the tournament;

http://www.diehardsport.com/2014/07/02/algeria-striker-announces-team-will-donate-world-cup-prize-money/
  • Dave2l said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Dave2l said:

ta.

Very pleased for him.

tap in not a header
    poked, nodded, tapped...its all the same though the physicalities might be different.
    Not really, sure it was a goal but you don't nod with your foot :)
  • edited July 2014