Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Title Odds of 40/1 to win the Championship at Paddy Power

With the recent signings at Charlton, I am quite excited about the new season. I am not sure the odds will stay at 40/1 for too much longer, if we continue to make top notch signings.

Had a cheeky £20 each way bet (1/4 of the odds for the top 3). Pays over £1,000 if Charlton win the league :)

Is anyone else that optimistic ????

Comments

• When they get wind of the fact we have spent 3 million euros on a player the odds will shorten so now is probably the time to get on - but I don't think we will win the league!
  • 2 more players in and I think we wil have a good shot. Looking at the players that have come in we could be a very attractive fast counter attacking side
  • When they get wind of the fact we have spent 3 million euros on a player the odds will shorten so now is probably the time to get on - but I don't think we will win the league!

The bookies already have wind of it - they could teach MI6 some tricks on intelligence and information gathering.
  • Burnley were about the same odds last season. It can happen.
  • I've already pledged somewhere on this forum that I'll donate £500 if we go up to the Premier League this season, think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, from my knowledge of these players and the current crop we have. But your gut feeling is as good as the next persons. Good luck to you! Let's hope I'm £500 down, a charity is £500 up and you're over £1,000 up come this time next year :-)
  • I've already pledged somewhere on this forum that I'll donate £500 if we go up to the Premier League this season, think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, from my knowledge of these players and the current crop we have. But your gut feeling is as good as the next persons. Good luck to you! Let's hope I'm £500 down, a charity is £500 up and you're over £1,000 up come this time next year :-)

I'll cover that pledge AA - costs you £500 if we go up and costs me £500 if we don't. Charities of our choice.
  • I got 66/1 a few weeks ago at William hill
  • Last night my boy got me odds of 20:1 for promotion which I didn't think was to bad, so I had a crafty tenner, last time I had a bet was the start of the league one championship winners season. Oh and whoever he put the bet on with matched my stake, so perhaps they where feeling sorry for me :-)
  • I got 66/1 a few weeks ago at William hill

That must be to win the league not to just go up.
  • edited June 2014
    On Betfair We are 10-1 to be promoted but you can get 90-1 for us to be champions.
  • Sponsored links:

Except they came second, so it didn't happen... ;-)
  • 80/1 with Bet Victor at the minute.
    90s on Betfair
  • bobmunro said:

I've already pledged somewhere on this forum that I'll donate £500 if we go up to the Premier League this season, think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, from my knowledge of these players and the current crop we have. But your gut feeling is as good as the next persons. Good luck to you! Let's hope I'm £500 down, a charity is £500 up and you're over £1,000 up come this time next year :-)

I'll cover that pledge AA - costs you £500 if we go up and costs me £500 if we don't. Charities of our choice.
    UK Lupus Foundation please. :-)

Except they came second, so it didn't happen... ;-)
    He's got it E/W ;-)..so it did.
  • We've made one permanent signing, think we need to slow down a bit ...
  • bobmunro said:

I've already pledged somewhere on this forum that I'll donate £500 if we go up to the Premier League this season, think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves, from my knowledge of these players and the current crop we have. But your gut feeling is as good as the next persons. Good luck to you! Let's hope I'm £500 down, a charity is £500 up and you're over £1,000 up come this time next year :-)

UK Lupus Foundation please. :-)
    For me:

leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/
  • 80/1 on Betfair exchange (but there is no depth, I reckon you could push to 110/1) and 10/1 for promotion (although I think you could push it to 14 or 15/1)
  • A lot of gelling and clicking to be done yet. Personally I would be ecstatic to get top half.
  • hmmmm.

Really cant predict this up coming season, i guess thats why its partially exciting.

More players needed though. Defense needs at least 3 more players.
  • Should be more like 400/1
  • Sponsored links:

• I just wanna stay up.

Why, is Chris Powell coming back?

• MrOneLung said:

I just wanna stay up.

The fans of charltons new no1 hit single " I just wanna stay up" featiring kano to create an RnB vibe.
  • 66/1 with bet365

We can all dream I guess.
  • If your gana put a bet in I would say do it now before the odds decrease when we sign some exremely talented players from the moon.
  • Thought I had wound up on Owlstalk here for a minute. Get a grip you lot.
  • edited June 2014
    J BLOCK said:

We've made one permanent signing, think we need to slow down a bit ...

Come on live a little!

I just did a double - Charlton to win the League and England to win the 2018 world cup with Glen Jonson as top scorer.

Why, is Chris Powell coming back?

Yes - to go in goal !
  • l<blockquote><a href="llllfjgghghghjrgpbt4o">llllfjgghghghjrgpbt4o</a></p></div></blockquote>

With the recent signings at Charlton, I am quite excited about the new season. I am not sure the odds will stay at 40/1 for too much longer, if we continue to make top notch signings.

Had a cheeky £20 each way bet (1/4 of the odds for the top 3). Pays over £1,000 if Charlton win the leag
    Is anyone else that optimistic ????

I wouldn't have taken it at 4,000/1.

• Nothing wrong with some harmless optimism, better then being miserable all the time.

I wont be betting though.........................................