Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD on Sky Sports

edited June 2014 in General Charlton
From Sky Sports Transfer Centre
The Charlton owner has been criticised for filling the squad with loanees from Belgium… but he’s told us that this summer he’s looking high and low for new talent. Roland Duchatelet will even take players from the moon if it means improving on last season.

Comments

• Options
    See - knew I was right to be sceptical - he's from the same planet as Blatter...
  • Options
    or Manuel Almoonia?
  • Options
    I'm not sure where Thuram came from but his goalkeeping mannerisms make me think he may have been taken from the moon...
  • Options
    #Skyportsnews Charlton are close to signing deals for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin
  • Options
    HUH?
  • Options

#Skyportsnews Charlton are close to signing deals for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin Wallace and Gromit

• Options
    Will he consider The Clangers if moon residents are too expensive?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    19:53

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is urging Head Coach Bob Peeters to look to youth rather than signing experienced players. Peeters is expected to bring through players from the academy and if it doesn’t work, Duchatelet says Peeters faces the sack.

• Options
    Wright? Overmars?
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayM68-4EioY

Roland and big Bob go on a grand day out, scouting for cheese and Championship quality footballers.
  • Options
    Lunarcy
  • Options
    edited June 2014

19:53

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is urging Head Coach Bob Peeters to look to youth rather than signing experienced players. Peeters is expected to bring through players from the academy and if it doesn’t work, Duchatelet says Peeters faces the sack.

Whoever wrote that title has the English comprehension of a child.

That's not what was said at all, was it? Roland said there was two qualities that Bob has; including the ability to see talent in young players and give them a chance. That's risky, as if it fails then it generally gets blamed on the coach - yet Peeters is still confident doing it.

Obviously we're only going to play academy products, that's why we had a bid fail for COG but have just signed a Belgian midfielder and Danish striker..

I genuinely can't believe the lengths people are going to to misrepresent him now. It's beyond a joke.
  • Options

#Skyportsnews Charlton are close to signing deals for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin

But won't pay astronomical fees.

• Options

20:13

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is urging supporters to learn Flemish in an attempt to integrate with his new regime. Duchatelet has been bemused by the mono lingual environment he has encountered since he took over at the Valley. The whole 1st team squad have been enrolled at the UoG for September and he urges as many supporters as possible to follow that example.

Now at least this one's believable.. ;)
  • Options

They want to play at a ground with atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I've been involved with The Netherlands for 20 years and avoided learning Dutch (shameful, I know).

Nu, als ik naar Het Dal voor een thuis wedstrijdt komt, moet ik Vlaams praten. Onbegrijpelijk !!