Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stayen Cup Package - Who's Applied?

edited June 2014 in General Charlton
Has anyone on Charlton Life applied for the stayen cup Package?

I have and in the reply I had at the moment not many people have applied for Charlton and to make it work they would need 20 applicants. And they said they would get back to me on Wednesday.

If you have applied for it then reply and I'll have an idea of how many have applied.

Comments

• The Charlton website now says that the prices will increase for the people who have applied already should another 15 not come forward.
    Think it is pretty shoddy actually.
  • edited June 2014

The Charlton website now says that the prices will increase for the people who have applied already should another 15 not come forward.
    Think it is pretty shoddy actually.

I did see the headline but have now read the articlre. I reckon some fans are trying go on their own steam. If it goes up too much I will concider looking elsewhere.
  • So four others then!
  • I did.

I was wondering the same to be honest, I can't see under 20 people out of our entire fan base. There were a fair few people on facebook in the comments after the announcement too.

As for them hiking the price for those who have already applied; I'm tempeted to say they can go swivvel then. I applied at a specific price (£275), not £300 or even £276. Where else would you apply to buy something just to be told "Oh yeah, nobody else wants to go - so it's going to be a bit more expensive".

It is a good deal, I know it is - and that's why I applied. If it was more expensive to begin with I may even have applied, but lets be honest - this is no way to treat the fans who have made the effort to try and support their club.
  • If I hadn't *just* moved into my new flat, I would've gone. It's literally the first year in 10 that I can't do it!
  • I applied. Since then though I've discovered motorcycles are hard and therefore expensive to learn, so I'm going to concentrate on that. It is late notice and I'm sure we'll be back in Belgium soon anyway.
  • If they'd given more than a months notice I'm sure a few hundred would have made the effort to get out there.

One month notice is a lot to ask for most people. Not only money, but time off work,childcare etc.
  • If I wasn't going on holiday a couple days after it, I'd be all over it