Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumour

edited January 2008 in Rumours
Charlton and Hull are fighting it out for the signature of versatile Colchester skipper Karl Duguid. (Star)

Very strange!

Comments

• Were we not linked with the other Col U keeper Gerkin in one of the Sunday's. Shame we never had a chance to see how good he is : - (
  • Yes we were,i think there's a story about it on www.fansonline.com on the charlton page.
  • Perhaps charlton should offer Iwelumo and some money to get him! and offer varney and mcloud for Lisbie? and then why not go the whole hog and let them have the coaching expertise of Parkinson too!! The only colchester link left then i think is Kins who could take parkinson's role ready to take over from pards in a year or so. Colchester could be the key to success!
  • edited January 2008
    Also seen a rumour about Wade Elliott from Burnley.And the Times mentioned Christian Riberio an 18 year old defender from Bristol City who has yet to play for their first team and Marlon Harewood also gets a mention.
  • as mick mcarthy has literally told freddy eastwood to go and f**k himself i think we could find a decent move involving him

knowning that we did try to sign him in the summer
  • edited January 2008
    Maybe thick mick has a house in billericay !!! Essex lifers would know what i mean.
  • [cite]Posted By: wesentdapalacedown[/cite]as mick mcarthy has literally told freddy eastwood to go and f**k himself i think we could find a decent move involving him

Is that a performance related go forth and multiply, if so why would we want him?
  • [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Perhaps charlton should offer Iwelumo and some money to get him! and offer varney and mcloud for Lisbie?

Chuck in Reid and ZZ to get Lisbie, apparently he's the new Pele and can win us games all on his own.......
  • [cite]Posted By: wesentdapalacedown[/cite]as mick mcarthy has literally told freddy eastwood to go and f**k himself i think we could find a decent move involving him

i don't think you're too far away with this one.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Perhaps charlton should offer Iwelumo and some money to get him! and offer varney and mcloud for Lisbie?[/quote]

Chuck in Reid and ZZ to get Lisbie, apparently he's the new Pele and can win us games all on his own.......[/quote]

Apparently this Lisbie is a bit of an up an comer as well!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Were we not linked with the other Col U keeper Gerkin in one of the Sunday's. Shame we never had a chance to see how good he is : - (

He played in goal on saturday didn't he? We were heavily linked with him over the summer as well.
  • i live in essex ( wikcford.. near basildon ) n i know exactly what u mean pete_tong -- lol ;)
  • I like Eastwood, could be worth a punt and he likes it down here as his family live on a caravan site in Wickford I believe
  • I can't see that we need a goalkeeper when we have Weaver and Randolph. Randolph seems to be good enough to be Ireland No2 and has played well enough when given the chance at Charlton. My shopping list would be 1) creative central midfielder 2) Goal scorer 3) central defender in that order
  • Some of the less reputable sites are linking us with: Harewood (doubt we could afford him), Vine (already signed for QPR) and Ribeiro (Welsh youngster at Bristol City).

I still think we need a very energetic midfielder, we lack the nastier side of what Parker brought to us as much as we miss his skill. Someone that has pace and aggression, yet can still pick a pass would be my priority.
  • First thing we need if a half-decent striker.
  • I disagree. I think we have a few "half decent strikers" who get no decent service because we have a weak midfield. Take out ZZ , get a box to boxer and play mcloed and varney up front.
  • QPR have also signed Fitz Hall now... would he have been worth a look at?
  • qpr are becoming a poor mans Chelski - just minesweeping all the lower standard guff
  • I think that he would have been a good signing for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to The Times we are leading the race to sign Marlon Harewood on loan from Villa.

Mmmmm!! Lots of pouting and throwing the toys out of the pram in store, if he comes.
  • Duck in row Z........ ;o)
  • Maglor - absolutely spot on imho mate - followed by another cb and a right back to rival Moutuoakil if we have the funds/wages (loans) left over.