Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

We have a 'things annoying us' thread, the forum is often filled with negativity... But it's sunny out and there must be some happy things going on.

I'm beaming at the moment as I began volunteering at Howletts zoo yesterday. I now spend my Saturdays supervising the lemur walk-through, getting to stand there for 7 hours watching them play and educating people on all things Madagascar related. If you're there on a Saturday then come say hi.

Comments

World Cup in Brazil featuring this lad
  • Lemurs are the best.

I was cheerful last night watching Flight of the Concords with my family, even when they had hurt feelings.
  • This time a week ago I was playing at the Luigi Ferrari's stadium in Genoa in one of the best football settings I could have asked for. Just a brilliant experience.

I got to foul Francesco Flachi aswell, what a chap he is.

Happy memories until I get the DVD of the game....
  • Fiiiiiish said:

This time a week ago I was playing at the Luigi Ferrari's stadium in Genoa in one of the best football settings I could have asked for. Just a brilliant experience.

How did you manage that?! The Marassi is indeed a very cool stadium, I saw Samp v Milan there a few years ago. Flachi scored some amazing goals at his peak.

• RedPanda said:

Fiiiiiish said:

This time a week ago I was playing at the Luigi Ferrari's stadium in Genoa in one of the best football settings I could have asked for. Just a brilliant experience.

How did you manage that?! The Marassi is indeed a very cool stadium, I saw Samp v Milan there a few years ago. Flachi scored some amazing goals at his peak.

It was through Football Aid as a charity football match mate. Fabio Bazzani was playing on our team. Flachi has such immense technical ability and scored a great lob to make it 3-2 to them. If I can work out how to upload pictures I'll throw some up at some point.

Love Serie A so this ticked all the boxes.

Genoa as a city is fantastic aswell, couldn't recommend it enough to anyone.
  • Northampton Saints won the Aviva premiership final yesterday.

Going out for dinner with good friends tonight before hosting a quiz in my mates bar.

• My wifes out :-)
  • Jesus Kap, how hard did you hit her?
  • Kap10 said:

My wifes out :-)

Have you tried smelling salts mate failing which try this 'Darling, darling I'll do all the housework for a month if you would only speak to me'. Guaranteed she'll sit up and and bite your hand off :-)
  • RedPanda said:

We have a 'things annoying us' thread, the forum is often filled with negativity... But it's sunny out and there must be some happy things going on.

I'm beaming at the moment as I began volunteering at Howletts zoo yesterday. I now spend my Saturdays supervising the lemur walk-through, getting to stand there for 7 hours watching them play and educating people on all things Madagascar related. If you're there on a Saturday then come say hi.

I may well do! Except I'm scared of walking up to a random bloke saying "Are you... Red Panda?"
  • Sponsored links:

• On a CAFC note I think we should celebrate the number of youth players who have not only made the step up this season but performed at a level far beyond their years.
    With a team filled with homegrown talent I struggle to understand the whingeing that "it's not our charlton anymore" just cos we have a foreign owner. Surely we are more charlton than ever and as long as we retain this group of youngsters during the summer, fans should be flocking to buy season tickets!
  • RedChaser said:

Kap10 said:

My wifes out :-)

Have you tried smelling salts mate failing which try this 'Darling, darling I'll do all the housework for a month if you would only speak to me'. Guaranteed she'll sit up and and bite your hand off :-)
    But thats my reason to be cheerful .. why spoil it?

• Had a community party in our road today, Big Lunch. Our first one and the weather has been great, met loads of neighbours, and it was cheerful with nice folk, very diverse, and children running around laughing, smiling and squealing and stuff, everybody shared, and everybody helped clear up.
    Hard to find a downside in all that.
    And if I can somehow get through the summer we have a fully loaded fat football season to get our teeth into.