Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match fixing

Lmfao @ Sky doing a five minute report tonight on match fixing in rugby (which has never been reported to exist) and cricket - after spending about five seconds on two of the accused footballers being bailed today...

I know they're clearly going to so everything they can to protect their 'product' but they could at least be a tiny bit subtle about it!

Comments

• Union or league?
  • That is quite unbelievable. Even after the betting irregularities the guy throws the ball in his own net. They should be thrown out of the world cup.
  • That is quite unbelievable. Even after the betting irregularities the guy throws the ball in his own net. They should be thrown out of the world cup.

I think they should be thrown out too
  • Jesus wept that is just terrible... Good to see Football being hidden once more though as people try to make it out to be a 100% innocent sport
  • edited May 2014
    Just watched the 11oclock sky sports news and I can't believe they are not headlining with this. It has to be most unashamable piece of cheating ever seen. Considering this was Red flagged before the game due to dodgy far eastern betting iregulations .
  • This goal was disallowed, all the 4 goals were dodgy too.. Should be unbelievably heavy penalties for this.
  • If this isn't match fixing....
    http://youtu.be/sfUe_PWfobQ

Pretty sure this wasn't actually given as a goal...
  • whether or not the goal counted is irrelevant. It is a blatent attempt at fixing a game. You'd think that keeper will never play again
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

If this isn't match fixing....

The intent is there, why wasn't it given?
  • edited May 2014

se9addick said:

The ref had backed the draw, allegedly.
  • If this isn't match fixing....

That is unbelievable.
  • Why was it disallowed?

I agree the Keeper should be investigated after that.
  • Richard J said:

Why was it disallowed?

I agree the Keeper should be investigated after that.

Reported as the ref saw a foul on the keeper. Or to put it another way, the ref saw blatant cheating and thought "There's no way I'm allowing that".
  • It had a touch of Maradonna about it. The Hand of Wad maybe...
  • se9addick said:

Foul on the 'keeper
  • Still think the keepers better than Thuram. At least he caught it.
  • Chizz said:

Scholes' little ginger meat n 2 veg to fall out of his shorts 100-1
  • Sponsored links:

• never get the love in the the bloke arrogant northern twat i have always found, the way he speaks to fellow pros i always find a bit wankish aswell
  • "Scholes is alleged to have placed 140 bets on football matches between 17 August 2015 and 12 January 2019."

so he can manage Oldham whilst he is part owner of another club but cant place bets on any football whist part owner of another club?
  • edited April 2019
    never get the love in the the bloke arrogant northern twat i have always found, the way he speaks to fellow pros i always find a bit wankish aswell
    Funny, after not saying a word throughout his career, he seems to have turned into the miserable sod we all thought (wrongly) Gary Neville was going to be. Brilliant player though.
  • The French league are investigating Caen's loss to Angers after Guingamp complained.

What i don't get though is why they complained.

Caen and Guingamp are both battling to avoid relegation with Caen bottom and Guingamp 1 point above them..........and Caen lost the game so you'd think it had done Guingamp a favour.
  • The French league are investigating Caen's loss to Angers after Guingamp complained.

Caen and Guingamp are both battling to avoid relegation with Caen bottom and Guingamp 1 point above them..........and Caen lost the game so you'd think it had done Guingamp a favour.
    Cheating is cheating, it's nice to see a club with decent morals.

They're a team who is bottom of the league, do they really need to cheat to lose a game? And more importantly, why would they want to lose a game that sends them closer to relegation?

They're a team who is bottom of the league, do they really need to cheat to lose a game? And more importantly, why would they want to lose a game that sends them closer to relegation?
    Bit more income for the individual players?

What are wages likes lower down Ligue 1 in France? - Cant imagine them being brilliant in comparison
  • clive said:

The Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) is investigating the outcome of two matches that produced an unbelievable total of 187 goals.

The two second-tier games saw Kenema-based Kahunla Rangers and Gulf FC of Kono heavily defeat their city rivals in Premier League qualifiers on Sunday.

Kahunla walloped Lumbebu United 95-0, and Gulf FC thrashed Koquima Lebanon 91-1, providing the two biggest victories recorded in the history of Sierra Leonean football.

However, the half-time scores were just 2-0 and 7-1 respectively, and both results have been annulled because of suspicion of match manipulation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/62049926

93 goals in 45 minutes, if the ref added 30 secs per goal, surprised the game finished.