Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goodbye and thanks Danny Green

Comments

• League 1 player, nevertheless good luck to him.
  • Shame he couldn't make the step up.
    That's a nice respectful tweet though; glad he's not bitter
  • Henners will be so sad
  • Good luck Danny, and thanks. Great injury time winner you scored at Yeovil.
  • #baller
  • Good luck in the future Danny thanks for everything
  • Fair play to him
    He will make a good L2 signing
  • He's only 25, still think most League One teams would be mad not to offer him something. Can be great on his day, showed that a few times with us from the bench.
  • Good luck Greendog. Will never forget the pre season goal against welling.

In all seriousness he will be a great winger for a league one team
  • Scored some good goals and an important part of our record-breaking squad. Good luck Danny
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck for the future Danny and thanks for what you gave us. The CL classic thread about your house.
  • Is there any official news then?
  • Nice of him. He's got some quite nasty abuse on Twitter. Not fair. Good luck to him.
  • Was he at POTY this evening ?
  • Good luck to Danny. Played his part in our League 1 winning season and always put the effort in.
  • Wish him well - didn't havethe quality needed but good effort and attitude from what I saw.
  • Good luck to him, met him twice with my young lad, couldn't have been more gracious to us. He'll do well getting a regular game in a League one, I'm sure.
  • Wish him the best, but his best ain't good enough for where Charlton should be aiming. Good luck Danny boy.
  • Good luck Danny
  • edited May 2014
    When he signed for us and replaced Wagstaff against Welling I thought we had a decent player on our hands. Unfortunately memories of his time with us will be for individual, yet rare pieces of skill or brilliance eg his goal vs Derby.

Watching him 'warming up' at half time with the other subs showed he has a wonderful touch and skill with the ball.

However, he could not transfer that to a game situation and I suspect he will end up in League one.

Wish him the best of luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish him well, flashes of brilliance coupled with some bad decision making when playing. A good impact player,sure he will get a place somewhere in L1.
  • Shame it didn't work out for him in the Championship, but wish him best of luck finding a new club
  • edited May 2014
    I know it's a drop to League 2, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign for Luton. John Still knows him very well and can help him to get back on track.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.
  • Good Luck Danny .
  • Best of luck Danny - played your part in helping the club turn a corner three years back.
  • Shame it didn't work out for him with us. I hope he gets a decent gig elsewhere as he has some good attributes and I'm sure he can have a good career in the lower leagues. All the best Danny and thanks for the sentiments on your tweet.
  • Good luck Danny. I think he will do well in league 1.
  • A more than capable league one player. Could easily do a job for someone like Orient if they don't go up.
  • Skillful player but lacks the physicality to cope with the Championship.