Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Terry

Comments

• He should be brought back for the World Cup, England are better with him.
  • Terry has had chance after chance after chance at the big tournaments with England and failed every time....

....and of course, he's filth.

It's a big no from me.
  • Terry has been ever present for Chelsea in the league under Mourinho this season. If he's good enough for Jose, then he's definitely good enough for England on the pitch.
  • Roy Hodgson rules out a return for JT.

Its alright though, we've got Chris Smalling.
  • Roy Hodgson rules out a return for JT.

Its alright though, we've got Chris Smalling.

Uncle's decision really MUST be a remit from the blazers at the FA .. Terry is by far the best English central defender, and has been for the past 10 years .. a scandalous decsion
  • Good, we shouldn't go begging for players that rejected playing for England.

We aren't going to win the World Cup, so lets pick a centre back partnership that can lead the back 4 for the next 8 years.
  • Thought Terry had ruled himself out of he England team anyway? As far as I'm concerned, if you opt out of playing for your country then that's the end of it, permanently.
  • Ah got excited by thread title thought we had signed him!
  • Addicted said:

Thought Terry had ruled himself out of he England team anyway? As far as I'm concerned, if you opt out of playing for your country then that's the end of it, permanently.

Terry under AVB and Benitez wasn't playing regularly and when he was he struggled for form.

Back under Mourinho he's playing very well and him and Cahill would better out chances in Brazil.
  • Irrelevant! With or without him England will fail so use the tournament as an opportunity to give others a taste of the big time as prep for future 'big times'. 2010 was a disaster and by all accounts he did a lot to unsettle the squad for his own self-publicity and means. Not a particularly palatable chap in all reality and one who likes to rock the boat somewhat?
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem is that apart from Cahill I can't see any of the current younger centre backs becoming decent no matter how much experience they gain.
  • his still a good player. unlike gerrard who seems to have lost his pace and surging runs he used to make
  • Problem is that apart from Cahill I can't see any of the current younger centre backs becoming decent no matter how much experience they gain.

Certainly get where you are coming from VG

• If he takes his kit along, I'm sure the squad will be happy for him to lend a hand in the cup lifting.
  • Gerrard is another has been
  • A lot of Liverpool supporters have been saying Gerrard, along with sturridge and Suarez, has been a catalyst for their decent form this season, as he sits deeper and controls the game.
  • Well done Woy. There was no decision to be made. Terry retired......good job
  • A lot of Liverpool supporters have been saying Gerrard, along with sturridge and Suarez, has been a catalyst for their decent form this season, as he sits deeper and controls the game.

That could be true but I think its more the unbelievable form of Suarez and to a lesser extent Sturridge.

In addition Rogers has given them the confidence to play football even against decent opposition, some of their football against Arsenal was unbelievable, so fast and quick in possession.

Compare that to the funereal dirge served up by United last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scum club, scum player, hilarious result!
  • Crying again

Ponse
  • his mum probably nicked the wrong hand bag
  • I really dont understand so much hate against him. Find it bemusing
  • Riviera said:

I'd rather lose than play scum like Terry

We will either way.

John Terry is a serial underachiever in international football finals. So is Rooney, Lampard, A Cole, Milner, Barry but they will be there as ever.

I hope Hodgson has enough decency to ignore Terry.
    Don't really see what Ashley Cole's done wrong over the years. Agree on the rest. I'd like to see Rooney on the bench.

As for that scumbag Terry, I hate finding myself wanting the same thing as him, and if he were to score, it would be hollow for me. So I'm glad he's not playing. I feel that way about many of the players to different degrees, but he's the extreme. If you're cheering him on, then it's all for nothing. F*** John Terry. A horrible, horrible man.

• Disagree. You never made mistakes before? I couldn't give a fcuk if he's banging Jose Mourinho behind closed doors if I'm honest, the fact is - he's a bloody got centre back and a leader on the pitch. Would our side be stronger with him in it at the World Cup? Course it would. He's marked top players sucessfully for years.
  • Mistakes!? Occasional lapses in judgment are not at the crux of John Terry's troubles. And I wouldn't be bothered if he was gay either. I've simply got enough knowledge of the guy to know I don't ever, ever want to support him.