Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ChinaAddicks

edited December 2007 in Charlton International
Anybody from China on this site? I signed up on addickted.net last year, had few comments, and just found out today it is turning into a slagging war there >.< If there wasn't a banner poll on addickted, I'd never know this charlton life forum existed. ^^

anyways, hi to all, and 有中国的查尔顿球迷么????

Comments

• welcome to the site Spooky, you're very welcome here.

What kind of coverage do Charlton and ZZ get back home, compared to the big clubs ?
  • edited December 2007
    Thank you, AFKA Bartram.
    Charlton and ZZ news are headlines on every major Chinese sports websites and newspapers, such as sina.com, sohu.com, tom.com, qq.com, SportsWeekly and more. The club got much more publicities than any Premiership clubs. The only pity is the club hasn't got a shop in China (like the NBA Rockets does) or made a tour to China :(, I hope they will be considering that soon.
    I gotta go to bed now, talk to you later, have a nice day/night, bye.
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: sp00ky[/cite]Thank you, AFKA Bartram.
    Charlton and ZZ news are headlines on every major Chinese sports websites and newspapers, such as sina.com, sohu.com, tom.com, qq.com, SportsWeekly and more. The club got much more publicities than any Premiership clubs. The only pity is the club hasn't got a shop in China (like the NBA Rockets does) or made a tour to China :(, I hope they will be considering that soon.
    I gotta go to bed now, talk to you later, have a nice day/night, bye.

bloody hell. we get more publicity than any prem club?
    if spOOky isn't on a wind up, then very large companies should be throwing silly amounts of money at us to have their name on our shirts.
    also if it is true, stick zz on a 10 year contract.

welcome to the site spOOky.
  • alright me old china!
  • I'm heading to Beijing Tuesday sp00ky so if ya see someone roaming around in a Charlton top be sure to say hello!
  • We did tour China 4 or 5 years ago (anyone remember when) which is where the contacts that lead to the deal to loan ZZ came from.

We've also got a partnership deal with ZZ's old club.

As for a shop, we've just managed to get one opened in Bexleyheath 6 miles from the the Valley so China might be a way off yet but as someone said even a journey of a 1000 miles must start with a single step.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    bloody hell. we get more publicity than any prem club?
    if spOOky isn't on a wind up, then very large companies should be throwing silly amounts of money at us to have their name on our shirts.
    also if it is true, stick zz on a 10 year contract.

welcome to the site spOOky.

Thank you for the welcome, paulbaconsarn.
    That's true, Charlton does get more publicity than any single prem clubs on Internet and newspaper, but the thing is since we are not a Premiership club, the Television exposure is little :(, thus no Chinese or International companies would be willing to put their names on our shirts or our ground at this stage (beacuse people can't see them on TV o_O).
    However, I do believe this gonna change when we are back to the Premiership next year, just like Kejian sponsored Everton is a sample.
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm heading to Beijing Tuesday sp00ky so if ya see someone roaming around in a Charlton top be sure to say hello!

Lol, unfortunately, I'm not living in Beijing, will you be coming to Guandong province? I will buy you a dinner, the best seafood delicacies you could ever get in China. Send me an email if you are gonna drop by: archie299@126.com ^^
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]We did tour China 4 or 5 years ago (anyone remember when) which is where the contacts that lead to the deal to loan ZZ came from.

We've also got a partnership deal with ZZ's old club.

As for a shop, we've just managed to get one opened in Bexleyheath 6 miles from the the Valley so China might be a way off yet but as someone said even a journey of a 1000 miles must start with a single step.

Hallo, Henry, sorry for the email I sent you earlier about the banner, I just happened to be the guy found that out, lol.
    You know, most of the big clubs such as Man Utd, Real Madrid etc and all the club currently with Chinese players such as Man City, Energie Cottbus etc have made or are about to make a tour to China, and they made a fortune out of it. So I thought it would be a good idea for Charlton to do one, but true, that takes a lot of time to plan too, anyways, just my opinion.
  • Not sure we'd make lots of money as we're not the name that those other clubs are but then with Zi Zi that may change.

In the summer of 2004 the two game pre-season tour wasn't seen as very good preparation what with all the travelling but as I said we have a deal with Shandong Luneng incorporating the establishment of a high-profile state-of-the-art youth academy and I'm sure other discussions are going on.
  • Chaltonlife is on Sohu.com sports section today, some reporter made a news about this thread ^^, which I believe is the first time I've seen this website's name on a major Chinese news network.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi Spooky,

What is SoHu.com?

Can you tell us about the striker who has been banned for a year. Does he play for Shandong Luneng?
  • http://www.sohu.com/

It's obvious to me Henry....
  • [cite]Posted By: sp00ky[/cite]Chaltonlife is on Sohu.com sports section today, some reporter made a news about this thread ^^, which I believe is the first time I've seen this website's name on a major Chinese news network.

Just what the server needs, half of China entering the Predictions league!!! ;-0 We'll be on 4 million hits by tomorrow.

I had a look, but even with the translator couldn't catch the Charlton Life mention. Can you point us to the exact page?
  • some of the stuff even when translated is not very clear... ha!
    some good reading!
  • What a wonderful translation ! I think it sounds better than the real thing!!
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not sure we'd make lots of money as we're not the name that those other clubs are but then with Zi Zi that may change.

In the summer of 2004 the two game pre-season tour wasn't seen as very good preparation what with all the travelling but as I said we have a deal with Shandong Luneng incorporating the establishment of a high-profile state-of-the-art youth academy and I'm sure other discussions are going on.

you hypocrites.....
    I think as a club, if we are as pc as we make out, we would be pushing for a free Tibet, free elections in Honk Kong, letting Taiwan be a free state as it has wanted for years now and any other normally pc friendly things, but no, like our waank government, we are cuddling up to them because:

a) they are keeping our inflation (if you believe the figures given) down by their sweatshop products
    b) we are scared of them, for financial reasons, or because we have run our armed forces into the ground
    c) we are scared of them not investing in us.

Grow a spine soft lads.
  • err yeah Dowman right on!

Either your tongue is firmly in your cheek and I'm taking things too seriously or you overestimate the influence that Charlton have in global politics.
  • Shit guys some of you know how to scare people away from a site

global Politics and Charlton need to be seperate not combined

It is like standing outside a lefty convention
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sp00ky[/cite]Chaltonlife is on Sohu.com sports section today, some reporter made a news about this thread ^^, which I believe is the first time I've seen this website's name on a major Chinese news network.

Just what the server needs, half of China entering the Predictions league!!! ;-0 We'll be on 4 million hits by tomorrow.

I had a look, but even with the translator couldn't catch the Charlton Life mention. Can you point us to the exact page?

The one Curb_it has is not where we've been mentioned, here is the link:
    http://sports.sohu.com/20071220/n254189813.shtml
    You will find paulbaconsarnie and my handler there, they even put up a screen shot of paulbaconsarnie's comment, lol, I'm in the news, yeah! but sadly, they just mentioned the name of this site, instead of inserting a link. Hope they will do it better next time.
  • that's fantastic!

I can see a load of chinese fans taking a trip to Bexleyheath now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hi Spooky,

What is SoHu.com?

Can you tell us about the striker who has been banned for a year. Does he play for Shandong Luneng?

Sohu.com is like the 80th website ranked by Alexa (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main/sohu.com).

As for striker got banned thing, I didn't read any news about any Chinese striker who's got banned for a year recently, but I do know the last striker got banned here for 6 months, was Zheng Zhi... >.<
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Shit guys some of you know how to scare people away from a site

global Politics and Charlton need to be seperate not combined

It is like standing outside a lefty convention

Ditto! ^^
  • Never mind Charlton, look at the ads on the right hand side! Is shagging considered a sport over there? ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: sp00ky[/cite][quote]

As for striker got banned thing, I didn't read any news about any Chinese striker who's got banned for a year recently, but I do know the last striker got banned here for 6 months, was Zheng Zhi... >.<[/quote]

Found it but only a very short mention.

"Now Cui Peng, he of the Playstation addiction, has been banned by his club Shandong Luneng for a year for a drink-driving offence"

As he is in the Chinese olympic team, plays for partner club of ours and won't be playing for a while should be get him over here or do we want to stay away from drunk drivers.

We could do with another striker. Is he any good?
  • edited December 2007
    Cui Peng's the one from Shaolin Soccer isn't he? I sent Pards the tape and he was blown away... Expect a move for him in January ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Never mind Charlton, look at the ads on the right hand side! Is shagging considered a sport over there? ;-)

Lol, you mean the ads with some pictures on right hand side, it does look like some shagging stuffs, sadly, the first one's a news about a hooker who's been married get murdered... :( and the rest just got some sexy images to attract you to click, nothing 'special' at the other end of the link. :(
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Found it but only a very short mention.

"Now Cui Peng, he of the Playstation addiction, has been banned by his club Shandong Luneng for a year for a drink-driving offence"

As he is in the Chinese olympic team, plays for partner club of ours and won't be playing for a while should be get him over here or do we want to stay away from drunk drivers.

We could do with another striker. Is he any good?

We didn't hear any official news about his banning, he was fined heavily by Luneng, and rumor has it that he's been expelled from the club, nothing about getting banned for a year though.
    Anyways, this guy is an average player in my opinion, but he's still young, only 20.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Cui Peng's the one fromShaolin Soccerisn't he? I sent Pards the tape and he was blown away... Expect a move for him in January ;-)

...Lol, this kind of player doesn't exist in real life, but that clip is hilarious indeed.
  • It may be that he has a 1 year driving ban, but this was lost in the translation...
  • Grrr... Website lags a little bit and is quite often unavailable to me, I can't open the website yesterday :(, and sometimes I have to rewrite my post due to timeout, do you guys have the same problem? Or just me, beacuse of the overseas connection?