Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Punchestown

Starts tomorrow. Can't wait.
Interesting to see Faugheen dropped to 2 miles while Vautour goes for 2.5 miles on Friday.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    You got any tips for today then @absurdistan.And @peanutsmolloy, lets be having you.Help me win some money
  • edited April 2014
    Cant understand why Willie's doing that at all? Vautour the best novice 2m hurdler and Faugheen the best 2m4f novice hurdler and he sends them different ways. Can't understand it all. Faugheen ran 3m at Limerick before the Neptunes, now in a 2m.

Quevega runs later in the week. I expect her to get beat and she's also in foal to Beat Hollow.
  • Think thats just a rumour.
  • edited April 2014
    cafc4life said:

You got any tips for today then @absurdistan.And @peanutsmolloy, lets be having you.Help me win some money

Don't have a system for Punchestown I'm afraid cafc4life (not absolutely sure I have a system for the GN anymore!) but love this Festival and will be following tips from the shrewdies on here......................and Abs ;o)
  • Will be outside the valley with my begging bowl if Faugheen is beaten. Willie reckons the drop back to 2 miles will speed up his jumping...............they don't dawdle. I actually think he's the best of Willies novice hurdlers.

Follow willie and you won't go far wrong.

Peanuts, I actually just prefer this to Cheltenham.
  • Agree that he's better than Vautour, we'll certainly find out next season. I guess Vautour will be aimed at the CH and Faugheen possibly the World or even sent Novice Chasing. Faugheen's never jumped particularly quick apart from the Neptunes, in Ireland before that he was very prone to slow jumping but I just worry today they may go off too quick for him and he may slightly get caught for toe, I took evens yesterday though which I think's a fair price given his Neptunes form.

Definitely prefer this to Cheltenham. Form goes all over the place at Cheltenham, all full of handicap blots and horses not run to their full merit.
  • 4.55- Lucky Bridle
  • My son gives tips on twitter. He had three winners out of five last night, and one day at Cheltenhamfestival had 4 winners and two seconds. Has off days as well though. Give him a follow on twitter he'll be well chuffed. #SimpleBetting12 Die hard Charlton too!! (The 12 stands for his age!!)
  • Oh gawd. I forgot we've got the dulcet tones of Fitzy to accompany proceedings on ATR. Make's you yearn for the buxom Lydia.......so to speak.
  • 4:55 Sea Beat
    5:30 Twinlight
  • Sponsored links:

• They ought to have Murray Walker calling Faugheen's races. Blimey he's got some zip.
  • Another gem from Geraghty. What a jock.
  • Bad luck there smiffy. Great to see the old boy romp home though.
  • Sizing Europe would you believe it. Age is just a number.

• Follow willie and you won't go far wrong.

• Quevaga runs today, can she keep her unbeaten run going, way to short opposing with Fingal Bay
  • Quevaga runs today, can she keep her unbeaten run going, way to short opposing with Fingal Bay

Rumoured to be in foal (to Beat Hollow I think).
  • smiffyboy said:

I fancy At fishers cross to beat her

your a braveman Smiffy.
  • wow what a race and ride by Davy.
    Quevega lost at last but was finishing like a train. Bad luck.
  • Thought you were somewhat unlucky once again smiffy.
    Taking nothing away from a worthy winner and a terrific winning ride but I don't think it was Ruby's finest hour (tactically) on Q. She did indeed finish like a train but Fishers seemed to have still more in the tank at the finish and it might have been a different story if AP hadn't been so intent on tracking Ruby......Fishers could probably do with the full headgear next time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got given a list of about 15 horses to watch back in October/November.
    Set up alerts to tell me when they were running and have had a pretty decent return but held off backing "gods own" yesterday as couldn't go against champagne fever.
    Result: gods own wins at 25/1.

Today you will witness ballinvarig come nowhere as I lump on in a bad mood.
  • Got given a list of about 15 horses to watch back in October/November.
    Set up alerts to tell me when they were running and have had a pretty decent return but held off backing "gods own" yesterday as couldn't go against champagne fever.
    Result: gods own wins at 25/1.

Today you will witness ballinvarig come nowhere as I lump on in a bad mood.

karma for not posting your tips here. ;-) Only joking would never have picked gods own went for Balder Success
  • So taken PP 2.2 offer on the Fly in a 3 horse race. Gonna be tactical. Heart ruling my head as usual.