Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Never understand how fining City is a deterrent. The one thing they have an endless supply of is money, so a fine is likely to be small change to them and probably deemed as a worthwhile incurrence.

Ban from all European competitions for the following season would work so much better in my eyes, but it's just another way of UEFA getting a slice of the pie I suppose.

In my opinion football stinks...............
  • Fines won't work.
  • Fines are OK as part of a wider deterrent, but to be effective against the big boys they need to be backed up by bloody big points-deductions.
  • UEFA won't ban any big club from European competition because they need them all to maintain their massive sponsorship, TV rights and advertising revenues.
  • UEFA won't ban any big club from European competition because they need them all to maintain their massive sponsorship, TV rights and advertising revenues.

Exactly. It's all about money and there lies the problem with the game.................

• The problem with banning clubs like City is that all it will do is keep the same clubs playing in the Champions League for ever, other then the occasional go for clubs like Everton, great if your a glory hunter fan of Arsenal, Liverpool & Man Utd though, they will love FFP, as they have already cornered the market to be natural "rich" clubs.

• edited April 2014
    I don't think it's a good idea. I think it makes football more exciting if you have the boring lot up the top and the retro of us fighting it out watching terrible football. But on a Tuesday night tune into champions league to watch the big boys.
  • Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona?