Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gerrard

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Don't get the anti Gerrard stuff. One club man who has donated shed loads to charity.

Didn't he try to leave about 3 times?

• Valley11 said:

Don't get the anti Gerrard stuff. One club man who has donated shed loads to charity.

A hypocrite and diver who beat up someone because he wasn't playing music he liked.
  • Funny how liverpool need their local fiercest rivals, Everton, to do em the biggest favour ever.

• Valley11 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody is laughing at him because he's given loads to charity or because he's been at Liverpool his whole career, but because he has had a right old mare.
    So if you make a mistake you consider it OK for others to laugh at you, do you? Good for you.
  • Dave2l said:

Funny how liverpool need their local fiercest rivals, Everton, to do em the biggest favour ever.

Someone nicked the team coach hub caps?

• Croydon said:

Valley11 said:

Was allegedly going to sign for Chelsea but allegedly came under pressure not to do so.

From memory he accidently sustained a black eye and bruising to the face at around that time.
  • I didn't see it - did he cry in the post match interview ?
  • Ah, this will be the bizarre Great British Tradition of people getting enjoyment from seeing others screw up.

It can't be specifically a British trait, AFKA, since the Germans have a precise word for it - 'Schadenfreude'

• Valley11 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody is laughing at him because he's given loads to charity or because he's been at Liverpool his whole career, but because he has had a right old mare.
    So if you make a mistake you consider it OK for others to laugh at you, do you? Good for you.
    Christ, I bet you're fun at parties
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

In football? A game? Yes I do.

• Croydon said:

Valley11 said:

Was allegedly going to sign for Chelsea but allegedly came under pressure not to do so.

From memory he accidently sustained a black eye and bruising to the face at around that time.
    i remember he was just about to sign on the dotted line for chelsea and then had a sudden change of heart... Today was a massive cock up for gerrard, particularly the way they celebrated against man city. Still, the title race is still in their favour. Just.

• Croydon said:

Valley11 said:

i remember he was just about to sign on the dotted line for chelsea and then had a sudden change of heart... Today was a massive cock up for gerrard, particularly the way they celebrated against man city. Still, the title race is still in their favour. Just.

How is it? City win two games, they win the league
  • RedPanda said:

Valley11 said:

A hypocrite and diver who beat up someone because he wasn't playing music he liked.
    Let's not forget getting his flunkey to take the blame for said cowardly assault. Also coming out with an impassioned speech about how he'd deal with divers at "his" club despite being caught on film executing a number of comedy dives, including in friendlies.
  • RedPanda said:

Valley11 said:

Let's not forget getting his flunkey to take the blame for said cowardly assault. Also coming out with an impassioned speech about how he'd deal with divers at "his" club despite being caught on film executing a number of comedy dives, including in friendlies.
    I remember him diving against us up there!
  • Ah, this will be the bizarre Great British Tradition of people getting enjoyment from seeing others screw up.

weird no? I would rather it was won by a sublime bit of skill that no one else could do rather than something any old footballer has done in there lifetime

• Personally would have liked to see Liverpool get the title but sadly I think Man city will do it now, on goal difference as well. Really dont like City or Chelsea very much.

Ive always liked Gerrard, bit gutted for him to be honest.

As others have said, World Cup was never in the picture! We'll not get out of the group stages. In fact, if we do I'll get a picture of Roy Hodgson tattooed on my... nah.
  • Two weeks ago people were falling over themselves to praise him and say what a great captain he was after the team huddle and the performance against City. Now he has "lost it" and want to bring up shortcomings (nightclub incidents, diving, nearly leaving Liverpool etc).

AFKA has it spot on. I don't know why the British are like this at times, I really don't.
  • Still think they'll win the league, something doesn't convince me about this City team, and its ability to cope with pressure. I know Everton have been poor recently, but last home game at Goodison on Saturday, and I reckon they'll get something
  • I don't like Gerrard. I did feel bad for him. But I did laugh, too. Sue me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even if City drop points at Goodison, they'll still win the league by beating West Ham and Villa at home. The league is City's.
  • Even if City drop points at Goodison, they'll still win the league by beating West Ham and Villa at home. The league is City's.

If City drop points against Everton then it doesn't matter what they do against West Ham and Villa as long as Liverpool beat the nigels and Newcastle.

• Really dont think its done and dusted just yet. Everton might just throw the ultimate spanner in the works and help out their neighbours...
  • bobmunro said:

Even if City drop points at Goodison, they'll still win the league by beating West Ham and Villa at home. The league is City's.

If City drop points against Everton then it doesn't matter what they do against West Ham and Villa as long as Liverpool beat the nigels and Newcastle.

City have the better goal difference though.
  • If City Draw at Everton, they'll only be able to get 84 points, whilst Liverpool can get to 86
  • Can anyone see Everton "throwing the game " and playing a couple of youngsters against city? "Anyone but Liverpool" mentality?
  • Can see Liverpool dropping points at the Nigels
  • Sorry, though City had more points than they actually did!
  • I think Everton will take at least a point off City - maybe all three - as City have been very fragile away from home this season.

The problem is that Liverpool have to go to Palace, that's a right banana skin for them.

Would love Liverpool to do it because of their English players and I like Rogers at lot as a manager.
  • Leaving Liverpool at the end of the season.