Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

memorable childhood xmas presents

with all the x-box, psp, nintendo d-s etc being popular now, you know something bigger & better is just round the corner and come next xmas these will be gathering dust in a corner.
what was your most memorable childhood xmas present.
i remember mine being a table football game i got as a 6ish year old. i am sure i was still playing with it 2 years ago the next xmas and beyond.

*regrets posting this, as realising some people are gonna say 'play station', and make me feel old.
lump o' coal anyone?

Comments

• a moody charlton kit(late 70's) that me mum had to sew the charlton badge on f*ck knows where it came from
  • A 'growler' :-)

It fitted onto the handle bars of your bmx, and when you revved it, it made a noise like a motorbike. Superb

Nan used to always without fail buy me and my brother a box of matchmakers each. I had mint, he had orange.
  • I'd been given a radio/ cassette player by Mum and Dad as my 18th birthday present just a couple of months before, on the basis that I wouldn't get much for Christmas. So on the day itself, I was surprised to see quite a big parcel for me under the tree from them. I opened it up and burst into tears - best present I've ever had - it was a signed Charlton football. They'd been to a dance where it was the raffle prize, and negotiated to buy it for some small change from the Arsenal fan who won it!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]a moody charlton kit(late 70's) that me mum had to sew the charlton badge on f*ck knows where it came from

was probably a genuine kit
  • When I was about 7, I got a Tomahawk (smaller version of a Chopper)...I was over the moon..
  • Six Million Dollar Man
  • in '77 I got the white Lotus form The Spy Who Loved Me (the one that went underwater)

It wasn't my main present but all others on that day took a significant back seat!

Every year my wife's relations from Germany come over and buy me a big box of "Merci" choccies, despite knowing that I'm diabetic (stupid krauts!)
  • Crossbows and Catapults, remember them?
  • Johnny Seven (gun)- the dogs bolloxs. It was a big machine gun so I was expecting to see a large box under the tree in the morning - I didnt know it needed to be put together. At 4am, I quickly surveyed my prezzies but no big boxe in sight. I must admit I was kind of dejected...no gutted really.....so I began opening my prezzies resigned to the fact there would be no Johnny Seven. And then, when I took off the wrapping paper of one prezzie and it said Johnny Seven....well...From 4.15am to night I must of shot every balloon down, every member of the family, anyone who ventured near my front door...and of course my poor old dog who took the brunt of it all with every type of missile I could fire.

That's what Christmas is all about. The bestest present EVER!!

Cant say I care too much for any type of gun now which is a shame because I need one when walking about Woolwich.

Merry Christmas - ho ho ho
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't remember how old I was when I got my own TV for my bedroom but it was a long time ago....a small black and white one with the tuning knob that you could never quite get the station properly tuned in without having some sort of static interfearance.

I absolutely loved it and thought it was the bees knees to have my own TV!
  • Tin Can Alley
    TCR
    Subbuteo
    Evil Kneivel
  • remember action man with the moving eyes and real hair - mutts nuts if you got one of them - which I did - with the jeep - fantastic.
  • Some nuts and an orange if I was lucky.

Seriously, action man, in thye days before all that fancy 'real' hair and talking via the pull cord. This stands out for me because I hunted around for my present for weeks and after I'd found it felt really guilty and deflated (with myself).
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]with all the x-box, psp, nintendo d-s etc being popular now, you know something bigger & better is just round the corner and come next xmas these will be gathering dust in a corner.
    what was your most memorable childhood xmas present.
    i remember mine being a table football game i got as a 6ish year old. i am sure i was still playing with it[strike]2 years ago[/strike]the next xmas and beyond.

*regrets posting this, as realising some people are gonna say 'play station', and make me feel old.
    lump o' coal anyone?

I do remember the Bobby Charlton football game (early 70's?) which all 6 of us loved playing (even the girls!!) for years.
  • My dad spent ages in the mid 70's trying and finally getting a proper old style leather football with the laces,i remember it weighed a ton when it got wet..the bladder went in the end and i couldn't get a replacement..gutted.Proper football it was, none of your plastic shite.....Give it to those pampered pussies today and they'll do all their bloody metatarsels trying to get it off the ground!
  • Had some crap ones but was happy to un wrap! sad to be honest! but glad i had some then,, Makes me so happy to buy for my loved ones now
  • back in the day of ZX Spectrums and Amstrads.....It got to Xmas eve and there were no presents under the tree for me and I kicked off about it and would not stop!! My dad got really pissed off with me keep going on so frog marched me upstairs and opened the cupbaord in the spare room. In there was an Amstrad CPC 464 with a colour monitor....the dogs of a PC system in those days. Gutted i had kicked off.
  • The one present I got as a kid that really sticks in my mind was a toy piano when I was quite young. I wasjust at the age when I stopped believing in Santa, however sometime during the night I heard some jingling of bells. It was enough to convince me of his existence for a bit longer, although later I put two and two together and realised the jingling was my Step-Dad messing with the piano as he brought it downstairs to put under the tree. The present itself was not the most fantastic thing I have ever recieved but is by far the most memorable.
  • Casdon Soccer
    Subbuteo Cricket
    Capri Knockout Cricket
    Logacta Chart Soccer

Anyone remember these?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Casdon Soccer
    Subbuteo Cricket
    Capri Knockout Cricket
    Logacta Chart Soccer

Anyone remember these?
    I too had Subbuteo Cricket, which was a brilliant game. I also had Subbuteo Rugby, which was just ridiculous as the players had to pass the ball by kicking it to one another. Oh, hang on, that does sound a lot like the England rugby team. LOL.
  • Has to be the Death Star from Star Wars when I was 7. A shame that I had smashed it within a few weeks! I can remember it being patched up by Dad on a weekly basis.

After that subbuteo for sure!