Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some good news at last......

Inside word from Lords, Ashley Giles will not be getting the England supremo job thankfully. Peter Moores to get another go, this time without the undermining influence of you know who.
Good luck Peter.

Comments

• Giles would have set us back years. Not too sure about the return of moores though. Hopefully has learned from past experience.

As an aside, I don't think Trott will pull on the shirt again.
  • Inside word from Lords, or the headline cricket page on the BBC website....
  • edited April 2014
    I told them too......
  • I reckon Chris Swadkin would have done a better job that Giles.
    Good to see the old boy get a well deserved mention at half-time today.
  • Who gives a fuck, we only got a draw today.
  • I reckon Chris Swadkin would have done a better job that Giles.

Did he? I wasn't there, not after Tuesday. What was said? Valley Gold winner?
  • Who gives a fuck, we only got a draw today.

I'll pass on the Charlton talk.

They're dead to me.

• Riviera said:

I reckon Chris Swadkin would have done a better job that Giles.

Did he? I wasn't there, not after Tuesday. What was said? Valley Gold winner?
    I'm a bit hard of hearing these days, but I think his family must have requested a mention for 60 years of loyal support.

• Moores>Giles. Disaster avoided
  • edited April 2014
    Delighted about this. I said on a different thread some time ago that moores is the best coach in England and the only man worth considering if the ECB wanted to appoint an English coach. Without having to deal with KP I truly believe he is the man to get English cricket back on track, hopefully I'm proven right. We shall see
  • Sponsored links:

• Moores is a great coach, shame about the shambles that happened before but he's the best man for the job. Ashley giles wouldve just made the england side an old boys club again.
  • Riviera said:

Inside word from Lords, Ashley Giles will not be getting the England supremo job thankfully. Peter Moores to get another go, this time without the undermining influence of you know who.
    Good luck Peter.

Of all the posts Riviera has put up on here, I fail to see why this has been flagged.

Let's hope Moores asks for full control of all formats.
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Good luck Peter.

Of all the posts Riviera has put up on here, I fail to see why this has been flagged.
    To bring me up to 40 maybe?
  • Great news. Giles was/would have been a disaster.