Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I am just finishing the production of a feature film that you would like, really close to what you experimented in Charlton : http://www.kisskissbankbank.com/en/projects/standard-le-film

The feature film is called STANDARD and is the story of an industrial town that try to make live its football heart around the stadium.

As we are about to launch it tomorrow, I wanted you to be warned before, as we are looking for friends as contributors to help us to launch a new life for the movie, and make it travel all over the world.

Thank you so much for reading and telling me if you like the idea, to transfer it to friends if so, and to tak the present that you think is the best for you !

Friendly,

Brieux

• What do people think about this? It does not seem to have created much interest so far

As background, the French guy behind the project, Brieux Ferot, back in 2007 wrote a great piece about Charlton featuring the Valley party and the subsequent rise to the Premiership, for the French magazine So Foot. If you read through the link Henry provides you see a glowing tribute to the 'legendary club Charlton'. Brieux sees a parallel between the Charlton and the Standard stories, and the connection of the fans to their club; and of course he is aware that by coincidence we have the same owner.

Personally I'm going to make a small donation as he asks. But I would like to ask people, how do they feel about our possible relationship with the Standard fans? Nothing to do with us? Or could we find that if we talk with them, we find common ground in our attitudes towards the owner? Personally I believe we should be in touch with them, because we both have the same requirement of RD; that his network idea does no harm to either club. If we both have more success, fine , RD will be a pan European hero. But neither set of fans should be happy with a plan that plays one club off against another, simply in order to maximise his profit.

I was thinking that a formal (small) donation, perhaps from the Trust, would be a symbolic hand of friendship which could start the dialogue.

What do people think?
  • What do people think about this? It does not seem to have created much interest so far

As background, the French guy behind the project, Brieux Ferot, back in 2007 wrote a great piece about Charlton featuring the Valley party and the subsequent rise to the Premiership, for the French magazine So Foot. If you read through the link Henry provides you see a glowing tribute to the 'legendary club Charlton'. Brieux sees a parallel between the Charlton and the Standard stories, and the connection of the fans to their club; and of course he is aware that by coincidence we have the same owner.

Personally I'm going to make a small donation as he asks. But I would like to ask people, how do they feel about our possible relationship with the Standard fans? Nothing to do with us? Or could we find that if we talk with them, we find common ground in our attitudes towards the owner? Personally I believe we should be in touch with them, because we both have the same requirement of RD; that his network idea does no harm to either club. If we both have more success, fine , RD will be a pan European hero. But neither set of fans should be happy with a plan that plays one club off against another, simply in order to maximise his profit.

I was thinking that a formal (small) donation, perhaps from the Trust, would be a symbolic hand of friendship which could start the dialogue.

What do people think?

I agree and can't see the downside.