Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Cardiff City: Crystal Palace result should not stand"

How more embarrassing can one club become under its owner?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

Cardiff City: Crystal Palace result should not stand, says Welsh club

"Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club has said in a five-page letter seen by the BBC.
The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain Cardiff's starting line-up before the game.
The club claims it has proof Moody succeeded and says this breaches league rules. Pulis declined to comment when contacted by the BBC, although Palace previously denied the claims.
The Premier League has confirmed it will investigate the claims.
Cardiff states that clubs should act in good faith to one another and calls into serious question the integrity of the match.
The club says Crystal Palace cheated and wants the Premier League to take serious action."

Comments

• Making themselves look pretty stupid here. You lost, get over it, move on.
  • The club claims it has proof Moody succeeded and says this breaches league rules. Pulis declined to comment when contacted by the BBC, although Palace previously denied the claims.

Are we sure that Cardiff arent owned by North Koreans.. the above sounds like it would come out of their mouths rather than Thailand

The club says Crystal Palace cheated and wants the Premier League to take serious action."

No.. Your club Cardiff City just have someone employed who is
    (1) Stupid enough to give confidential information away
    (2) Why risk this by naming your team too far in advance anyway
  • Even if Palace did know the exact lineup, it still doesn't mean they'd win.

I'm sure Norwich could name 9-10 of the Liverpool lineup this weekend, doesn't mean they're going to win
  • edited April 2014
    This shows desperation from Cardiff, but even more desperation from me. Palace getting 40 points has lost me a very big bet, my finances are in tact...but my dignity will not be.
  • Mr Tan is being rather bitter I feel..
  • The only fair outcome is to deduct 10 points from palace.

Ordinarily I'd say he needs to man up, but I'm definitely with @stoneroses19 in this case. But I think you're being far too lenient.

After all - for all we know this has happened before every game that Pulis has been in charge for. In which case, surely a 10 point deduction per game is the only fair solution? I think, for the severity of this behaviour, there should be a bonus deduction - purely because it truly does bring bile up from my stomach to imagine that a team could be so devious.

I hate to see football clubs treated harshly, especially a club I feel as fond about as Chrystal Palace, but truly - we can't allow this rampant attack on the beautiful game to continue.
  • LuckyReds said:

The only fair outcome is to deduct 10 points from palace.

Ordinarily I'd say he needs to man up, but I'm definitely with @stoneroses19 in this case. But I think you're being far too lenient.

After all - for all we know this has happened before every game that Pulis has been in charge for. In which case, surely a 10 point deduction per game is the only fair solution? I think, for the severity of this behaviour, there should be a bonus deduction - purely because it truly does bring bile up from my stomach to imagine that a team could be so devious.

I hate to see football clubs treated harshly, especially a club I feel as fond about as Chrystal Palace, but truly - we can't allow this rampant attack on the beautiful game to continue.
    I think they should definitely investigate both Stoke vs Palace games - no idea the results nor when they were played but in general Palace should have points deducted...especially for lending players to Ipswich and not us!

• Sponsored links:

• Interesting how Freedman grassed up his old club .. irrespective of the rights and wrongs, will he ever be trusted by anyone (outside Cardiff) ever again ? .. (Though I am sure that all FC managers are a bunch of conniving crafty chappies however nice they may appear to be when appearing on TV)
  • Interesting how Freedman grassed up his old club .. irrespective of the rights and wrongs, will he ever be trusted by anyone (outside Cardiff) ever again ? .. (Though I am sure that all FC managers are a bunch of conniving crafty chappies however nice they may appear to be when appearing on TV)

Have I missed something? Freedman?
  • I bet that Bolton are desperate to know our strikers for todays game!
  • It's clear what's happened here. Vincent Tan has picked his team as usual and has accidentally sent it to Ian Moody instead of his mate Roland Duchatelet.
  • i thought this was Mr Tan..

No mate, that's Mr Tango

• Do you think we should ask the FA for the 3 points Barnsley stole from us this week?
  • Just shows what a ridiculous allegation this is from Cardiff by the fact I found myself arguing in Palaces favour against two Norwich supporters yesterday.
  • The lawyers at Cardiff contacted the FA to tell them they will be sending a letter of complaint over the 'leaked team' allegations.

The FA told them not to bother sending the letter, they've already seen it.
  • edited April 2014

The only fair outcome is to deduct 10 points from palace.

They'd probably still stay up
  • Sponsored links:

• Palace have been fined for this
  • Says on BBC Sport a fine of "up to £25,000", barely worth it.
  • Fumbluff said:

Football disciplinarys are a joke.
    Scenario A - £25k fine for cheating out the opposition and winning a crucial 3 points from a fellow struggling team.
    Scenario B - Chucked out of the champions league and a loss of untold millions for fielding an ineligible player for the last 10-minutes of a 6-1 victory
    Tsk

Was it even 10? Thought it was 2!