Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool Travel Plan

I assume most are having the same problems.
Any advice on what will be the best route of travel without having to sit in a car for 10 hours, or changing 5 times on route back.

Comments

• Plane mate.. Take 30mins.
  • Airport??
  • Biggin Hill
  • What with the early ko and the bank holiday w/end traffic, I've decided to give this one a swerve.
    As for flights - good luck unless you're chartering, piloting yourself or flying in from Belfast via the Isle of Man!
  • was gonna have my Stag do up there that weekend, but after looking into it have decided to give it a swerve, gonna go somewhere else now.
  • edited April 2014

Airport??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackpool_International_Airport#Airlines_and_destinations

Fly to either Dublin or Belfast with Ryanair / Easyjet and then connect ;-)

• Fly to Manchester from heathrow it's £56 at the moment then get a train which is £13 simple
  • edited April 2014
    Been looking into it all morning, driving up Friday afternoon, then back Saturday after the game may be only option.
    So 10 hours in a car in a weekend it'll be!
  • Luckily i have a mate who lives in Preston so i am going there for weekend, everybody is welcome, the more the merrier
  • cafcfan said:

What with the early ko and the bank holiday w/end traffic, I've decided to give this one a swerve.
    As for flights - good luck unless you're chartering, piloting yourself or flying in from Belfast via the Isle of Man!

I have a contact there. I slip him a couple of quid and he fly's me up. Its quick and easy...Leave at 12:00 there by 12:30. No traffic,No queues. Even stop off at the MacDonald fly through..

• Sponsored links:

• oh hold on ...
  • CAR POOOOOOOOOL!
  • MSE7 said:

cafcfan said:

What with the early ko and the bank holiday w/end traffic, I've decided to give this one a swerve.

I have a contact there. I slip him a couple of quid and he fly's me up. Its quick and easy...Leave at 12:00 there by 12:30. No traffic,No queues. Even stop off at the MacDonald fly through..

You know it's a 12.15 ko right? ;-)
    mrbligh said:

CAR POOOOOOOOOL!

No. It's BLACK POOOOOOOOOL! ;-)

• CAFCjoe94 said:

Luckily i have a mate who lives in Preston so i am going there for weekend, everybody is welcome, the more the merrier

Just as long as your mate wasn't planning on going away that weekend.
  • CAFCjoe94 said:

Luckily i have a mate who lives in Preston so i am going there for weekend, everybody is welcome, the more the merrier

Just as long as your mate wasn't planning on going away that weekend.
    Even better a whole weekend party house for the boys from SE7 ;-))
  • MSE7 said:

cafcfan said:

Richard Branson?

• edited April 2014
    I'll be driving up in my Citroen van from Cornwall. First major drive since my trusty mk 2 mondeo deceased just short of 150k miles. Ive gone from mondeo man to white van man. Thats if I can get tickets.
  • Driving up Friday and returning Sunday,have booked two nights in The Big Blue Hotel!
  • Hi - B/pool fan needing lift to/from Camberwell (SE5) with u guys
    - fair local knowledge of B/pool area.
    Need to share a lift up Sat am and back Sunday am if u can assist - best of luck Tues night - thanks
    Paul in Camberwell - contact paulalupton@aol.com
  • Driving up Friday and returning Sunday,have booked two nights in The Big Blue Hotel!

Same - see you in the bar Friday night after, I'm guessing, around 7 hours in the car.
  • Sponsored links:

• Man from Brighton arranges to meet another man on the internet in a hotel called the Big Blue ....
  • Working in Hull on Friday, finishing pm sometime, picking up TelMc32 at a train station up north somewhere and then heading over.
  • Are you joining us then shag?!
  • Brighton Addick I'm looking at a 5-6 hour drive
  • Driving up after work on Friday, may have room for two in the back of the car leaving from SE London.
  • Anyone driving to and back from the game on the Saturday from anywhere really in the SE? The girlfriend and I are desperate are for two spaces in the car. I don't drive and she doesn't fancy the five hours on a motorway! Will pay our share of petrol money of course and a pie in the ground! Thanks.
  • Same for myself guys - I live in Camberwell (near The Green) and need a lift up or back (or just back on Sunday)
    Happy to contribute to petrol etc - afraid I'm a Blackpool fan so used to despairing situations like we are both in.
    Can join you for a beer and give advice on where to go in B/pool for those staying over.
    Best wishes Camberwell Paul
    Text me on 07833117241 if any of this fits your plans etc
  • Mate id take your number down until someone PM's you