Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Eagles rumoured to be joining on loan (2014)

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Saw this posted on CL last night. Do you think there in any truth in the rumour. Thoughts if he were to join?

Comments

• Good player. Way better than what we've got.
  • Excellent player at his best but really not sure though how he would sit with our current desire not to concede, create or score in the first 80 minutes of any game. The whole dynamics of the team might change.

Now if you'd said Richard Dunne, for example, I really would have been excited.
  • RedChaser said:

Will be great to hear the Covered End sing "Eagles, Eagles, Eagles" : - )

Red card Henry :0)
    I know. I can imagine that someone in the Covered End will think it funny and someone else won't and a "full and frank" exchange of views will take place
  • I really really hope this is true. Very dangerous winger.
  • Always been impressed with Eagles and a little surprised his career didn't kick on more than it has. Would be a real result in my view.
  • Bird of prey bird of prey chrisy bird of prey...
  • Not another player with some 'head gear' how will we tell them all apart face on? Numbers on their headbands? :-0
  • Raptors, Raptors
  • Sponsored links:

• Would provide the balance we're after. Knows where the goal is too.
  • Just what we need. Final piece in the jigsaw. Quality winger who knows where the goal is. Thought he'd been playing for Bolton recently though.
  • Would be a great signing if it comes off.

Now just a quality striker please
  • edited March 2014

Just what we need. Final piece in the jigsaw. Quality winger who knows where the goal is. Thought he'd been playing for Bolton recently though.

Yeh must admit seems a strange move for him and us purported to be on £30k per week. Passes the height test though at 6 ft and still only 28 :-0
  • Would be a great signing if it comes off.

Now just a quality striker please

Obika would get us goals if he had the right service hopefully eagles will do that , hope it comes off.
  • RedChaser said:

Just what we need. Final piece in the jigsaw. Quality winger who knows where the goal is. Thought he'd been playing for Bolton recently though.

Yeh must admit seems a strange move for him and us purported to be on £30k per week. Passes the height test though at 6 ft and still only 28 :-0
    It must be a financial decision from Bolton. Maybe he just misses playing with Sordell.
  • Would be happy with this.

Is he better than Green, Yes so we would be improving on the squad.
  • RedChaser said:

It must be a financial decision from Bolton. Maybe he just misses playing with Sordell.
    Out of contract in the summer as well I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes please. Believe it when I see it though!
  • It would be a great signing although I'd be worried how much of that 30k pw we are picking up.
  • I would love this to be true, I remember him from when Man Utd beat us in the Youth Cup. Just what we need for the run in.
  • cafcfan said:

Always been impressed with Eagles and a little surprised his career didn't kick on more than it has. Would be a real result in
    my view.

Totally agree. Watched him play in the prem against Norwich City - very dangerous midfielder - thought he would have progressed more than he has. Difficult to believe that Bolton would let him go. I would have thought a few clubs would be interested but I think he is a Londoner so maybe, just maybe it will happen.
  • Only 28. I thought he was older.
  • edited March 2014

Only 28. I thought he was older.

Ditto DOB according to Sky & wiki 19/11/85
  • Has this rumour been started by Reams?
  • Strange this... Scored 17 in 43 last season but only appeared 7 times this season! Seem something has gone wrong behind the scenes ...
  • cafcfan said:

Raptors, Raptors

Evolved dinosaur, evolved dinosaur.