Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Davies sacked.

Rumours going around that Davies has been sacked.

Shame they didn't give him one more game, they'll be much improved now.

Comments

• Powell in.
  • Shame they didn't give him one more game, they'll be much improved now.

Will they? Think this is decent news if true. The "new manager" bump only comes once that new manager is appointed. Unless they have someone already lined up (Powell anyone?) then surely they'll have a caretaker?
  • Neil Warnock in talks with owner apparently
  • Shame they didn't give him one more game, they'll be much improved now.

Will they? Think this is decent news if true. The "new manager" bump only comes once that new manager is appointed. Unless they have someone already lined up (Powell anyone?) then surely they'll have a caretaker?
    Apparently Warnock is heavily rumoured to be taking over.

Collymore said on twitter that he's 'unavailable for the breakfast show tomorrow' with a Notts Forest hashtag on it.
  • If Derby and Forest play next season both managers are gonna be shitting themselves.
  • Warnock is not better than Davies. Weird decision.

Warnock is a busted flush these days, he was very good at what he did but probably hit his final peak at QPR.

Warnock is a busted flush these days, he was very good at what he did but probably hit his final peak at QPR.
    I agree.
  • Davies will not be sacked by forest that's a fact. Now move on
  • Sponsored links:

• MSE7 said:

Davies will not be sacked by forest that's a fact. Now move on

Oh. Er, righto. Umm, could you just possibly indicate the basis of your authoritative statement?

• Because I no he won't. Why would they sack him? They are on the fringes of the playoffs and have been injury hit. Davies is very well respected at forest
  • They've also spent a huge amount of money, just got battered by their rivals and Billy Davies is a little twerp who has done everything possible to lose that respect in recent months. Most fans are glad to see the back of him.
  • MSE7 said:

Because I no he won't. Why would they sack him? They are on the fringes of the playoffs and have been injury hit. Davies is very well respected at forest

You're silly.
  • I no I wasted 5 minutes of my life :-)
  • Should Warnock take over, the half-time "pep-talk" would become interesting...
  • I thought warnock had retired from management
  • Sponsored links:

• Retired until the right money comes along.
  • He'll get the chop, he really isn't well respected up there at all.
  • If it's true, I hope they remember that they have done this twice before and ended up in a relegation battle the following season.
  • I can understand where MSE7 is coming from but Billy Davis does have a great talent for getting up people's noses alongside biting the hand that feeds him. It would not surprise me if he was fired.
  • Probably the best thing for us is if this rumour and speculation continues, without any concrete result, for the next 30 hours or so...
  • I would still have preferred him to Dowie.
  • I would still have preferred him to Dowie.

Thats for sure. That is not saying that much. Dowie was so dire.

• It would be great though for a Charlton result to put the final nail in Billy Davies' Nottingham Forest coffin.
  • Being reported on BBC
    Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies and his coaching staff have not reported for training at the Championship club this morning, reports BBC Radio Nottingham.
    There has been growing speculation the former Derby County manager will leave the club after Forest's Kuwaiti owner met with ex-QPR and Leeds boss Neil Warnock on Sunday.
  • Just our luck. They couldn't have waited another couple of days could they.