Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Dyer

I have tried to read all the comments on CL, but cannot find anything about Dyer, only one person who said he seemed happy coaching then suddenly he seemed upset and left the training ground. Does this mean he has been sacked as well?

Comments

• His profile is still on the club website under Coaching Staff - then again, so is CP's
  • Inevitable
  • Dead man walking
  • His profile is still on the club website under Coaching Staff - then again, so is CP's

But maybe not listed in tonight's programme?
  • Scoham said:

His profile is still on the club website under Coaching Staff - then again, so is CP's

But maybe not listed in tonight's programme?
    How late does that go to press? There will probably be no mention of yesterday's shenanigans at all.

I assume Dyer has gone also, or he'll have to accept a demotion as this Karel Fraeye geezer has been announced as Riga's assistant. You would have to expect that one of Dyer or Matthews will have to leave along with Powell. Dyer would seem the most likely candidate as he was brought to the club by Powell.
  • Was never really sure what he brought to the table to be honest.................
  • Was never really sure what he brought to the table to be honest.................

I think that's probably a bit unfair Tango. Unless you are at the training ground regularly or sit close enough to the dugout to hear conversations between Dyer and Powell, why would you have any real idea how much value Dyer is or isn't adding?

I think that's probably a bit unfair Tango. Unless you are at the training ground regularly or sit close enough to the dugout to hear conversations between Dyer and Powell, why would you have any real idea how much value Dyer is or isn't adding?
    Don't think there's ever been a assistant, especially at this club, that hasn't had the same "don't see what the do/bring" comment over n over again.
  • Everyone used to love Les Reed, until he was put in charge that is.
  • DRAddick said:

Was never really sure what he brought to the table to be honest.................

Don't think there's ever been a assistant, especially at this club, that hasn't had the same "don't see what the do/bring" comment over n over again.
    Indeed, substitute Mervyn Day for Alex Dyer and this could be a thread on the old BBC606 message board
  • Sponsored links:

Conversations between Dyer and Powell - they used to have a 10 minute committee meeting of about 5 people before making a substitution!
  • Dyer and Mathews on pitch with the team pre kick off.
  • Both are sitting next to the bench with Riga's assistant.

Next to the bench? So must be in the west stand?

Next to the bench? So must be in the west stand?
    There was 3 or 4 chairs next to the bench to many staff now lol
  • Peacock was sat next to the dugout to the left and dryer matthew and the new assistant to the right. Dyer and Matthew spent a lot ok time talking to the assistant who then approached Riga.

We will have a director of football in the summer so interested to see what will happen to peacock, dyer and matthew
  • We Will probably have a new coach and Riga will be looking after the academy.
  • Think we'd be further in the doodoo if both Dyer and Matthews left now, as they're probably the only ones on the coaching staff with any opposition knowledge
  • Unfortunately if your face doesn't fit Roland will sack you, he is a dangerous and ruthless man.
  • @PeakieRocket‌ they're the only ones on the coaching staff that have any Charlton knowledge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Badger said:

We Will probably have a new coach and Riga will be looking after the academy.

Think you might be right there, certainly a possibility.

• edited March 2014
    No1 is safe at the valley. I saw the cleaner looking over her shoulder tonight. All the ground staff look a bit Stoney faced as well. It's become a bit comical at the valley!!
  • I'm sure I heard Dyer say at the post match press conference that he picked the team tonight. That would make sense because Riga needs far more time to assess the players. It would also explain some of the same faults that were occurring under CP, Wilson wasted at RB and Cousins as a left/right winger.
  • I'm sure I heard Dyer say at the post match press conference that he picked the team tonight. That would make sense because Riga needs far more time to assess the players. It would also explain some of the same faults that were occurring under CP, Wilson wasted at RB and Cousins as a left/right winger.

I was told before the game that Dyer was picking the team tonight. Seems like he did.............
  • Riga to take over the academy at the end of the Season and a more established Manager to come in.
  • I think could be more effective with Cousins filling in at right-back and Wilson at right-mid. Although it's clear to everyone that Cousins in a box to box midfielder and I feel for good balance that if we was to play Poyet and Cousins we need a midfield 3 to get the best out of them as. Poyet is a deeper playmaker more experienced head to be the attacking outlet? Jackson/AA whoever?
  • dickplumb said:

Riga to take over the academy at the end of the Season and a more established Manager to come in.

Established manager, or coach? Most in English football would understand the distinction between the two. And an established manager/coach with what aim?
    The way it looks to me is that in the future an established manager/coach will be in charge of Standard Liege Reserves unless we hear otherwise.

Events have all pointed to Charlton Athletic becoming Standard Liege's reserve team, maybe it is about time those in authority cleared that matter up in words and deeds.

So far the words have added up to Standard Liege Reserve team, and so far the deeds have added up to Standard Liege Reserve team.

I fully understand that Roland pays the piper and calls the tune, but there should be an end to any pretence that we are Charlton Athletic at the moment, we are getting post asking us to renew our season tickets for Charlton Athletic, but that feels duplicitous and wrong, it won't be Charlton Athletic will it?

• got to feel sorry for him in same ways. Doe snot know if he has a job what his role is now etc.

Must also feel loyalty to Chris Powell.
  • got to feel sorry for him in same ways. Doe snot know if he has a job what his role is now etc.

I suspect him and Matthews will be out shortly once the new manager has had a chance to familiarise himself with the players and the club. I would be surprised if they (Dyer and Matthews) were not aware of this fact though. They've probably even spoken to SCP about it. "Boss, they want us to stay for a few weeks until the new guy is settled in. Want me to tell them where to shove their job?". Anyone want to bet that SCP wouldn't give them his blessing to stay on rather than hurt themselves and the club?

• Rizzo said:

got to feel sorry for him in same ways. Doe snot know if he has a job what his role is now etc.

I suspect him and Matthews will be out shortly once the new manager has had a chance to familiarise himself with the players and the club. I would be surprised if they (Dyer and Matthews) were not aware of this fact though. They've probably even spoken to SCP about it. "Boss, they want us to stay for a few weeks until the new guy is settled in. Want me to tell them where to shove their job?". Anyone want to bet that SCP wouldn't give them his blessing to stay on rather than hurt themselves and the club?

Pretty sure both Dyer and Matthews would prefer having a wage at the end of each month rather than just quitting their jobs. Also if Riga decides they're no longer needed they'd both get a pay off. Neither will leave this season unless the club tells them.