Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Missing Malaysian plane

Where is it?

I don't think it's got anything to do with terrorists or a hijacking, I just think the search effort hasn't found the right location for any debris yet.

Totally bizarre how in 2014, a plane can be missing for 3 days now!

Comments

• edited March 2014
    It is really strange. Must be awful for the relatives of those onboard not knowing what happened.
  • There must be something sinister here - planes don't just vanish

It's almost a bit JJ Abrams style.

The whole stolen passport thing just adds to the mystery. Seems there's quite a bit going on that nobody is announcing just yet
  • not seen LOST then ???
  • Swisdom said:

There must be something sinister here - planes don't just vanish

It's almost a bit JJ Abrams style.

The whole stolen passport thing just adds to the mystery. Seems there's quite a bit going on that nobody is announcing just yet

Stolen passports seem to be quite common, the 2 passengers had through tickets to Amsterdam, they were most likely just trying to get into Europe to find work etc
  • People are saying they saw a strange round object near it moments before, maybe it was Alians.
  • Planes do - very rarely - experience sudden catastrophic failure.

The Taiwan-Hong Kong crash in 2002 was an example of this when the plane broke up in mid-air because of a poorly maintained fuselage.

It takes a long time to find things at the bottom of the ocean, it took two years to find the Air France plane that crashed in the ocean off Brazil.
  • for those interested - and I confess I am fascinated by it - this is the forum for informed comment. Just don't be tempted to join in. Charlton Life it isn't...
  • edited March 2014

Planes do - very rarely - experience sudden catastrophic failure.

The Taiwan-Hong Kong crash in 2002 was an example of this when the plane broke up in mid-air because of a poorly maintained fuselage.

It takes a long time to find things at the bottom of the ocean, it took two years to find the Air France plane that crashed in the ocean off Brazil.

777 is one of the safest planes on record mate, and it was relativity new wasn't it? strange though.

This one apparently came down in shallow waters where as the Air France was in very deep and awkward waters, they actually found wreckage of the AFsoon after as well however it was the black box and the deep waters that posed the problem with that one, think the Americans helped France in the end IIRC.
  • Apparently one of the men with a stolen passport looked like Mario Balotelli...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
  • Planes do - very rarely - experience sudden catastrophic failure.

777 is one of the safest planes on record mate, and it was relativity new wasn't it? strange though.
    I am no expert mate, just love watching Air Crash Investigation!

I watched the Taiwan-HK one the other week so remembered it.

At the moment nobody knows anything - terrorism is a possibility but surely someone would have claimed responsibility by now?
  • C_A_F_C said:

Apparently one of the men with a stolen passport looked like Mario Balotelli...

Yes that was a moment of high farce.

• What gets me is the time delay of declaring it 'missing' something like 6 hrs wasn't it? wtf is that all about then?
  • Here is the link to the China Airlines crash in 2002...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_611

...this was a 747 but it could be a similar scenario.
  • edited March 2014
    That Air France crash was absolutely unbelievable as well, how inept the whole flying crew was and the fact the plane was new and they didn't understand it properly, did you watch the doc about it?

Here it is, it's unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reaYqrdCRMg
  • My girlfriend is currently travelling and in china right now, she was on this exact plane that's gone missing a month ago. Quite creepy.
  • @operationpig‌

Yes, I have seen that, it was a total clusterfuck by all concerned.

I remember one thing about that flight was that an eight year old English kid died, his parents lived in Brazil and sent him back to England to attend boarding school.

Imagine being a parent and having to live with that.
  • Definitely get a feeling that the people conducting the search are completely inept. If that plane was American i've no doubt we'd know what had happened by now. This lot seem clueless.
  • Definitely get a feeling that the people conducting the search are completely inept. If that plane was American i've no doubt we'd know what had happened by now. This lot seem clueless.

Agree there.

@operationpig‌

Yes, I have seen that, it was a total clusterfuck by all concerned.

I remember one thing about that flight was that an eight year old English kid died, his parents lived in Brazil and sent him back to England to attend boarding school.

Imagine being a parent and having to live with that.

Awful mate.

• Sponsored links:

• Read somewhere the mobile phones of those on board were still ringing.

Has freaked me out a bit this
  • edited March 2014
    JT said:

Read somewhere the mobile phones of those on board were still ringing.

I can see why JT, kinda makes it all a bit more real and adds a personal touch...

I can't even get signal on the train journey to work, so this must surely point to the whereabouts if it's occurring with multiple phones that are thought to be on the vehicle.
  • edited March 2014
    JT said:

Read somewhere the mobile phones of those on board were still ringing.

Alians

• edited March 2014
  • If true about the phones, that is really creepy
  • Is that phone thing actually true though or just another internet rumour?
  • Wouldn't all the phones have been on airplane mode anyway (or should have been) so wouldn't be ringing regardless.....?
  • Is that phone thing actually true though or just another internet rumour?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-eerie-moment-3222919
  • for those interested - and I confess I am fascinated by it - this is the forum for informed comment. Just don't be tempted to join in. Charlton Life it isn't...

Thanks Prague. Fascinating.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

for those interested - and I confess I am fascinated by it - this is the forum for informed comment. Just don't be tempted to join in. Charlton Life it isn't...

Thanks Prague. Fascinating.
    This