Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs Tenure @ The Valley was Pointless - Fact!

As proved yesterday on BBC1's quirky Quiz Show, Pointless, hosted by Alexander Armstrong.

For those not familiar with the format of the show; you are looking for the least popular answer to list of various things that are asked to 100 members of the public. On yesterdays episode they asked 100 people to name as many Premiership Managers who had managed 100+ Prem matches for the same club in 100 seconds. Then the contestants try and name the managers that the least number of the public came up with. So obviously the likes of Fergie and Wenger scored highly but people like Chirs Coleman, Claudio Ranieri and Roy Evans scored very few, if any. At the end of the round you were shown the names of the managers that none of the 100 public had mentioned, or "Pointless" answers as they call them, and good old Curbs was one.

Comments

• That was a pointless post.
    Fact.
    ;-)
  • Riv, you've started something in our house, as the missus is always watching it when I get home from work!
  • I dont want to open myself up to abuse but why was Alan Pardew incorrect? Surely he has been in charge of 100 games or does it mean no one even thought of giving his name?
  • Curb_It said:

I dont want to open myself up to abuse but why was Alan Pardew incorrect? Surely he has been in charge of 100 games or does it mean no one even thought of giving his name?

It just means he was more popular than Curbs
  • Curb_It said:

I dont want to open myself up to abuse but why was Alan Pardew incorrect? Surely he has been in charge of 100 games or does it mean no one even thought of giving his name?

Not sure he's done 100 premiership games for the same club although he must be close to that now for Newcastle.
  • The programme is pre-recorded some time ago and before Pardew had reached 100 with one club.
  • Ah I missed the word "same". So how long was he manager of west ham?
  • He only had one full Prem season with WHU, got sacked in the Dec of his second. Not sure where he went after that...