Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Pearson sacked?

Rumours doing the rounds that he has been sacked. I'm sure Powell will be near the top of their wanted list, not that I think (hope!) he'd go...

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Depends if Powell at Charlton has been given the same budget as Rochdale?

• Pearson being sacked is the least surprising news of the summer. How they aer not in the premier league is laughable.
  • That is a job i would be a bit worried about CP leaving for but i think he feels he has a job to complete with us.
  • CP's contract status does leave me a little bit worried.

I remember a post-promotion quote from Slater that went something along the lines of "I'm going to tie him to a chair and not let him go until he signs a new deal".

Well, that hasn't happened, Does CP only have a year left?
  • Swisdom said:

Pearson being sacked is the least surprising news of the summer. How they aer not in the premier league is laughable.

Agree, they should have been up there with Cardiff last season & have failed again this time! Don't rate Pearson at all.

If he has been sacked, I'm sure Powell would be linked with the job, but can see Poyet ending up at Leicester.

• Appleton? Anyone?
  • Appleton or Mark Hughes and Roy Keane double act! ;)
  • Don't think Powell will leave if given decent enough resources with us. Although he has a link with Leicester, he is a Charlton man and will want to be in London not the midlands.
  • Don't think Powell will leave if given decent enough resources with us. Although he has a link with Leicester, he is a Charlton man and will want to be in London not the midlands.
  • This is the job I would be worried about SCP leaving us for.

Its only a matter of time before Pearson is sacked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

This is the job I would be worried about SCP leaving us for.

Its only a matter of time before Pearson is sacked.

Yeah. I am surprised he didn't go on Monday.

• The only thing that makes me think they won't go for Powell is i believe they'll want a 'big name' manager to get them promoted. Could see O'Neill going back there if he's promised money to spend.
  • Revolving door of managers, why would you want to go there unless you were already out of work and desperate.
  • Revolving door of managers, why would you want to go there unless you were already out of work and desperate.

That's every club isn't it? Think there should be a rule of 1 manager per season.
  • edited May 2013
    Well apart from our early sacking of Dowie for getting lost on a training run, we have been extremely patient with our managers.

I'm sure our manager's post is a more attractive position than the likes of Wolves and the Leicesters.
  • I think Leicester will go for a big name but I am a little worried if this is true
  • Lot of names mentioned on the Leicester forum, but Powell hasn't come up as often as I'd expected.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/88558-pearson-sacked/

Still no idea if he's actually been sacked!
  • martin o'neal
  • would not surprise me .. the new 'ol big ead' walked out on Hull to re-join Leicester, then Hull get promoted .. lmao
  • Sponsored links:

• I think if they were going to sack him they would have done it by now.
  • Knowing the bizarre logic of football Chairman, they'll probably let him spend loads of money in the summer... then sack him in the middle of September after the window closes
  • edited March 2014
    Funny how things turn around for people, Doing a great job with Leicester this season , shows if you've got the right bloke in charge, and you give them support they can do great things.
  • Always rated him since the miracle that was keeping Soton up in 07-08 season. They were lightweight, youthful, weak and too adventurous. With minimal personnel change, he made their defence a lot more solid allowing their youthful attack to just about keep them up. It was also galling to see Chris Perry defend better than all our 'character' out of position defenders.

Having said that he'll get them up, but if they have a difficult phase next season the Thais will sack. Great champ manager, and the one who I hope makes a prem rep for himself.
  • His father in law is called Woggy.
  • He's got a very good reputation actually, Pearson. Since he smashed league 1 with a leiciester when they were relegated to league 1.
  • He's got a very good reputation actually, Pearson. Since he smashed league 1 with a leiciester when they were relegated to league 1.

My god he'd be a great manager for us. Will never hapoen.
  • There already is a thread, don't get this bring up an old thread.
    Wooppeee now people have 2 places to comment.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!