Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best ever last gasp Charlton winners

1235»

Comments

• Options

Shirtliff's was in the 117th minute

Don't be so pedantic Mr Oohaah!

• Options
    Oakster said:

Not sure if its been mentioned and it wasnt a winner but an equaliser - Steve Jones with the last kick of the game and a fabulous finish, minutes after Man City had taken the lead on a Wednesday night at Maine Road. The celebrations mental, the walk back to the car through the dark streets of Rusholme was interesting.

'98 promotion year?
  • Options

Oakster said:

Not sure if its been mentioned and it wasnt a winner but an equaliser - Steve Jones with the last kick of the game and a fabulous finish, minutes after Man City had taken the lead on a Wednesday night at Maine Road. The celebrations mental, the walk back to the car through the dark streets of Rusholme was interesting.

'98 promotion year?
    Yes - we had a decent following that night as well...
  • Options
    I was sitting with an old City mate in the Kippax. Geezer next door to me not too impressed when I suggested we should be beating these bunch of *****. That's what he got for earwigging I suppose!
  • Options
    OohAahMortimer, I remember that one at Middlesbro. I think the tannoy at half time muttered something about the 'Taxi coming to take the Charlton fans home after the game' so it was sweet to take the three points back in the taxi with us. I was living in Newcastle at the time so I also saw a win at St James's the previous month.
  • Options
    Just remembered the last-minute Ian Butterworth own goal that sent us to Wembley in the Full Members Cup semi-final at Selhurst. Both of us in the Arthur Wait went nuts in mindless celebration - waved at each other and everything!
  • Options
    J summers goal in the 7-6 game against Huddersfield town
  • Options
    Just thinking about late goals and clubs and off the top of my mind I come up with 4 v QPR:-

Gritt for 1-1 at Shithurst 1988 (approx)
    Danny Maddox og for 1-0 win March 1990
    Parker for 2-1 win in 2000
    JJ on saturday

Any club we have stung more in last minute?

• Options

Cliff Durandt v Southampton - the goal meant we had a chance to stay up and we did with wins over Walsall and Luton who were both relegated instead. 1964 at a guess.

It was 62/63 season. For me this was the one. I remember the despair when Saints equalised and the tension as the clock ticked down and the euthoria when the ball finished in the back of the net through a crowded penalty area.
  • Options
    Southern area semi finalWinner against Norwich in full members cup to take us to wembley. Extra time. 1 0 down then 2 goals in a minute. What celebrating had to stop in case I had heart attack. At sell out park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Benson winner in the 4 -3 at Carlisle is still special for me, as was still living up near Carlisle at the time and my local mates were gutted by that goal, what a great night out after that game.
  • Options
    Danny Mills at villa. After Steve Brown saved a free kick if I remember correctly?